how to fix impeller

so the impeller snapped and the base is stuck inside my water blaster 16000....I have a whole new impeller, but anyone have any ideas how to get the old one out ? I don't want to start prying things apart without some basis of knowing what to expect....

So how would one drill it out? (Talk to me like I an a four year old lol)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Best to use a drill press if you have access, a hand drill does not have a lot of room for error. Also may want to incorporate a shop vac to suck up the magnetic pieces. Before you do any of this, though, is the impeller itself cracked and expanded? If it is, you basically need to drill out the center of the impeller so that it can be broken down and removed. It may not be worth it if the housing is damaged at all. If it is simply stuck and not broken, if you can pull it out you only will need a new shaft.

I doubt you could drill it out with any kind of precision as it is stainless steel and the surrounding material is much softer.

I think you will have to put in a drift pin or anything smaller and try to tap it out.

Doesn't look like a stainless shaft to me it looks more like ceramic which you will never drill. I don't think you can tap it out either since you can't get to the other side. I would go to Sears or somewhere and get a very small pair of needlenose pliars and try to wiggle it out. If I wasn't so far away I could look at it and maybe get it out for you. I would guess though that it seized up is why it broke and it may be difficult to get out.

(edited)

True the ceramic ones (which are better) could not be drilled. I didn't know you can't get to the other side.

Oh I see now, I didn't pay attention to the picture as I should have. It is stuck back in the stator. That is a common problem and if any of it is sticking out you will be able to grab it with a needlenose but it is brittle.

Edited by paul b

is there anything for a screw to grab on to....get a self tapping screw thats bigger and screw it in half way so you can grab the head of the screw with some vise grips and pull

granted this will destroy the magnet most likely but??

if its a waterblaster dont they have a 3yr warranty?...that may be the safest option