jimlin's 75 gallon

thanks.

one of my kessil a150 died this week. not bright at all in about 2 years of use.

planned on buying the photon48, but the shipping cost too much so i decided to purchase

the snakeeyes led quad 48" from aquatraders. i know it will probably be less reliable than the other

led lights out there, but i figured if a kessil can go out prematurely, then what am i actually paying

all that money for? the snakeeyes cost about the same as a new kessil a150 and it will be able to cover my entire tank.

besides, corals in my tank have not grown at all with the kessils other than the mushrooms.

new light should be here by christmas.

the yellow wrasse jumped out this week too. too bad i was not home to save it.

really surprised the cat didnt eat it.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dang man, bad luck. The Kessil isn't under some sort of warranty or anything? 

gallery_2633282_1083_49813.jpg

lights came in. a lot more wiring than anticipated and the fans are pretty loud.

problem now is that family members are complaining that the lights are too bright.

either i move the tank to a different location or put on a canopy.

anyone have experience building one? i really dont want to move the tank again.

It should be pretty straight forward, you're really just putting a box cover that rests on your tank. 

for my stand i followed a diagram someone here posted. not sure if someone has done the same for a canopy and how would i make the doors for feeding and maintenance?

for my stand i followed a diagram someone here posted. not sure if someone has done the same for a canopy and how would i make the doors for feeding and maintenance?

Jim,

Here is a picture of one of our members building a canopy for his new tank, should help give you an idea of what you would need to do!

You may not need a canopy, but maybe just a "skirt" instead. Simply a 3 or 4-sided box as high as your light and it sits on your tank....you leave the top open and can feed over it.