New direction

NYfan78

Going to be selling my live stock as soon as i get time to list them on here. I am going to then buy a drawf lion fish. I was told i should feed them ghost shrimp. Any one have experience with this???

feed them a variety of things- bugs, fish, shrimp, worms, baby birds, pinkie mice. They respond well to rich meaty diets. Make sure your filter can handle the excess waste that these fish create.

Its the Red Sea Max 130 tank with media rack an tunze 9002 skimmer

Because of the level of waste that these fish produce, Scott, you'll likely have water quality problems (translation algae, nitrates, ammonia, phosphates, etc.) quickly in a small 34 gallon tank. You may want to consider a larger setup with more water volume and improved filtration. You may be able to get away with it, but more water may give you a better shot at success.

I have had a few Lions, here my current fuzzy ->post-290-0-73639400-1366986132_thumb.jpg

I feed it frozen Krill and Silver sides but I prefers the Krill. It is not advisable to feed it non marine live food such as ghost shrimp. I have never fed my any live food. It has almost double in size with since I got it in January.

I strongly suggest that you get the LFS show you that it is feeding before buying it. Getting it to feed on frozen food is usually a problem for many new Lions.

As mentioned by others, be careful of water quality since it is a "dirty" fish. Also be careful of what else you put in with it, I follow the rule -> if it fits in it's mouth, it will try to eat it :cool: , even if it chokes and dies doing so !