Improved hermit crab

paul b

We all have been looking at hermit crabs for many years and we all know that the shell they carry is not their own, but a snail shell. I don't think snails evolved to have the best shells for crabs as they were designed for snails.

So I assumed that a hermit would appreciate a shell designed for them.

I modified this shell for my hermit crab. I think he will like it as it has headlights in case he wants to get a midnight snack. It also has a stainless steel bumper and flag. He is an American hermit crab, for crabs of other nationalities a different flag can be flown.

The rest of my crabs are eagerly waiting in line for their new shell as they know there are new models in the works, such as directional lights, heat and AM FM radio. Air, (or water) conditioners will not be offered on the 2013 models as of yet due to monetary and pollution concerns. smile.gif

2013-04-11150022_zps1965fb49.jpg

The sports model has a TV antenna as cable would be restricting, side view mirrors and a roll bar.

Coming soon will be air bags and anti lock brakes.

2013-04-11155536_zps1862dbf4.jpg

I want to see them with the crabs actually in them crawling around.

A hermit crab is after all part of your clean up crew so this one is equipped with a vacuum attachement as well as a glass cleaning brush and a rock scrubbing brush.

2013-04-12100231_zpsdc7a1423.jpg

Paul: Print this thread and take it to the Veteran's Administration as absolute proof of prior exposure to agent orange . . . you have some definite cash coming your way . . . [JK, you know I love your threads/keep 'em coming!]