AQ Auction?

Huly

My parents got a card for this from a Winchester fish store. Has anyone been to or heard anything about it?

http://www.pvas.com/auctions.php

PVAS Spring Auction & Tag Sale

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Green Acres School

4401 Sideburn Road

Fairfax, Virginia 22030

The all-day auction & tag sale is a great opportunity to buy & sell fish, plants, equipment and hobby-related items!

We will also hold a raffle for new equipment and supplies!

Seller's Registration opens at 9:00 am, closes at 12:00 noon. Please register early.

Please read the new auction rules before buying or selling in the auction.

Auctioning begins at 10:00 am and usually ends around 5:00 pm.

All buyers and sellers must be registered at mygroupauctions.com.

is this freshwater only?

I have no clue from looking at their site it might be both? I have never heard of them until they gave my parents a card while they picked up my copepods at a Winchester store.

Yeah, they are the freshwater club for the potomac area. Coralhind sent me their way when I was trying to sell my freshwater 55 and stand setup. No luck on their FS threads, but it seemed fairly active.

Yeah, they are the freshwater club for the potomac area. Coralhind sent me their way when I was trying to sell my freshwater 55 and stand setup. No luck on their FS threads, but it seemed fairly active.

Ah so they are fresh water only so pointless for any of us to check out the auction

Negative. It's mostly freshwater, but there are some saltwater fish keepers, and even some herp keepers as well.

But if you're going for saltwater gear/fish/corals, I would prepare to be disappointed. ; )

But if you're going for saltwater gear/fish/corals, I would prepare to be disappointed. ; )

I don't think we are going. If it would have a lot of SW we might be interested but being fresh not really

I used to attend the PVAS auctions 'all the time' when I was doing freshwater. Almost 100% of the fish and plants will be freshwater but some of the equipment can be used for any set-up, however most of the auction will be livestock. If you go to look for saltwater stuff, you'll be very bored !

PVAS is a freshwater group. Good, friendly people. Some equipment is obviously fit for both salt or freshwater use. However, their focus is freshwater and you need to keep that in mind (otherwise you will, as Glenn says, be bored).