Aquascape Architect Needed

Guest oracleoca

Guest oracleoca

Hi fellow WAMA members,

I am new to the hobby and have been having trouble trying to arrange my live rock to be beautiful with caves and to reinforce the structure with epoxy or whatever; I have tried. I want to hire one of you who has experience to aquascape my live rock and secure it. I will pay you by the hour or by project, just give me your fee. I have a fifty gallon tank with the dimensions 36"w x 18"d x 20"h. I have approximately 60lbs of live rock for you to work with.

Thank you

Janie

You might want to add a location - someone nearby might be able to help.

*cough* *cough* I've heard there are a few that are pretty good at aquascaping (I stink).

It's a toughie though........one person's treasure is another's trash.....so to speak.

Welcome to YOUR CLUB. Glad to hear you join us Here you will find a lot of information, help and good/nice people.

were are you located?

If you need my references please contact Howard, Lee Stern, Gary L, Clownfish4, Davejbeas, and others (these are all WAMAS memebers a.k.a. names). I will be more than glad to assist since this is the part of setting up a tank that I like most.

Jacob

Jake,

I'm glad you spoke up. :77: As it happens, my gf's 260 gal tank needs some aquascaping as well. You got about 200 lbs of rock to work with and some odd faux corals to boot. Could this be a new career path for you? :idea2:

Seriously... Could use some aquascaping hints and tips if you ever in Falls Church area.

-Rob

Rob

I been doing this for a while and really enjoy it. You can ask all those that I mentioned above Plus +++ some more. For me it is a challenge from nature, for you is just rocks in your aquarium... but perhaps we all see the same thing at the end.

I 'll be glad to come over and help you out. I just need to get some time out of the "family" busy schedule.

Janie, sorry we hi-jacked your post... Rob, PM for more details.

Janie,

I thought I got first crack at your hiring (all, I work with her).

Take Jake up on his offer, I have seen his tanks and they are nice. I especially like his tank where it is narrow and yet he has rock formations down the middle and it is viewable from all sides. Also, I have never seen rock formations like this that are entirely covered in purple coraline algae.

BTW everone, she lives in Rockville.

Chris

Guest oracleoca

Thank God someone answered my plea for help. :77: Jake, I do live in Rockville like RioReef mentioned. Please let me know when you can come over. Again, I want to pay you a fee for all of your help; it could take a couple of hours or so. I have a bare-bottom tank and I am thinking I should maybe place the rock on some pvc posts so I can clean the crap underneath with a powerhead. I may also want some help with redoing my two returns from the sump. Sometime on the weekend would be best for me. I am still in the beginning stages so all I have is a couple of cardinals, cleaner shrimp, and some coral frags(they need to be mounted after the aquascaping is done) to deal with. So, I am at your mercy Jake, please help me before I have another collision in this tank.

Thank you

Janie

Also been doing saltwater aquascaping for three years, and fresh water for over ten years.

41491[/snapback]

Jake can you come rescape my 2.5 nano for me. I just loathe aquascaping. :P Kidding of course.

Janie, sounds like you found your man. Be sure to take some pics of the progress and the way the tank looks when finished!

Guest oracleoca

Please do not think of me as a wimp but I just have no skills in this arena. Yes, I beleive Jake will the answer to my prayers and my fish!

Jake can you come rescape my 2.5 nano for me. I just loathe aquascaping.  :P  Kidding of course.

Janie, sounds like you found your man. Be sure to take some pics of the progress and the way the tank looks when finished!

41563[/snapback]

Sure, but this one will cost you more than your 90 gallon tank.... :P just kidding

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Stonecold

oracleoca, can you post a picture of your aquarium once Caribean Jake is done with the aquascape? Would love to see the results.

Caribean Jake, do you charge a fee for your great work?

Guest oracleoca

I would love too but I do not have a digital camera. Jake is supposed to come by and pick up something he had left behind. Maybe he can snap a picture. However, I can tell you it looks very nice. It is exactly what I was looking for.

:77:

Nick,

Don't change a thing in your tank! Just too awesome to mess with! :D

:77:

Nick,

Don't change a thing in your tank! Just too awesome to mess with! :D

43907[/snapback]

Nick I agree leave it be!

OK, Who is messing with my POST COUNTS!!! <_<

Guest Stonecold

Hey Chris and Howard,

Thanks for the nice compliments. I wasn't going to do anything to my tank at all. Just bored and was browsing around. Then, I saw this thread. I'm just curious with the results and would luv to see all of Caribean Jake's masterpieces.

Don't worry about it Nick!

:idea2:

Next time you get a crazy idea again about changing your landscaping, just give me a call and I'll bring over my 100 quart cooler and baggies and will help you clean out all those beautiful colonies!

New Scenery!!! :D

Guest Stonecold

Howard,

I'll keep that in mind when I decide to move. However, since you're my next door neighbor....I do have a few small colonies for sale if you're interested.

Stonecold

Thanks for your interest. I am currently in up-state NY and will be back 11/5 or so. I was supposed to go by Janie's place but have been on the road since then, first West Coast, now East Coast. We can get together upon my return. I also will try to go by Janie's house and take few pics of the aquascape.

Janie

I'll be there upon returning from NY. I will contact you next week.

Howard.

yapping again? or just anything just to get another post?

oracleoca, can you post a picture of your aquarium once Caribean Jake is done with the aquascape?  Would love to see the results.

Caribean Jake, do you charge a fee for your great work?

43815[/snapback]

I will snap some pictures and post , maybe next week when I'min town. and remember I'm no photographer... so what the camera takes in is what coomes out :D