Video eating some worms

paul b

The worms do not swim and if you notice the holes on the container that the powerhead are near the top, the worms stay on the bottom so they don't get sucked into the pump. If the worms leave the trough, they fall into that other container where I suck them out of with a baster. The teensy container of carbon helps to purify the water as there is only about a gallon of water in the entire system. You can get away without the carbon. I don't feed those worms flake food but I feed them brown paper or paper towels. I can use flakes but the worms live off the bacteria that multiply from the de composing paper. They do reproduce but not fast enough so I do have to buy them. I just bought some, worms are cheap. $3.00 lasts me at least two weeks. I have been using this system for many years and it came about after many prototypes.

Neat, I like it. I found some website in California that says that they grow them in big shallow pools and toss in salmon chow from time to time and keep the pools covered so that the birds don't get em. It's cool that it ends up that you're actually feeding the copperband and the other fish in the tank paper bags. Passed through bacteria and worm bellies, but still...

I am not here to convince anyone of anything.

Well..I actually wasn't criticizing your main point. I believe it. I just asked a simple question about tank-bred vs. wild-caught, which you sort of answered in the first part of your response. No need to rehash what you already wrote. Thanks.

(edited)

Well..I actually wasn't criticizing your main point. I believe it. I just asked a simple question about tank-bred vs. wild-caught, which you sort of answered in the first part of your response. No need to rehash what you already wrote. Thanks.

I think my answer came across as snippy (I couldn't think of a better word) but I didn't mean to make it sound like you were criticizing. I am old and cranky so you have to forgive me. I guess I should have put it another way.

Probably 99% of the saltwater fish we keep are wild caught except for some oddball clownfish and bangai cardinals. There are some fish that will not eat live worms but they are very few. You can see the fireclowns in my video eating them just fine. It took a while for my mandarins to eat them but they do. All of my fish were wild caught.

Edited by paul b

I think my answer came across as snippy (I couldn't think of a better word) but I didn't mean to make it sound like you were criticizing. I am old and cranky so you have to forgive me. I guess I should have put it another way.

Probably 99% of the saltwater fish we keep are wild caught except for some oddball clownfish and bangai cardinals. There are some fish that will not eat live worms but they are very few. You can see the fireclowns in my video eating them just fine. It took a while for my mandarins to eat them but they do. All of my fish were wild caught.

No offense taken! Thanks for the elaboration. I, like most on here, enjoy learning from people of varying ages! Thanks.