Dendros / Peacock Mantis Shrimp Species Tank

Omair

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How dare you mess with his decor! "No no no! Don't touch that! That goes here. Hey, that's mine too!"

My mantis liked to decorate with marbles... and also feather duster heads... those poor little worms

Nice video btw! He's looking good!

Go to a craft store (Michaels etc) and get the colored ones there...(they use them in vases etc) will be cheapest and bang for your buck

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

^ I used some from a mancala game (free woo) and my chiragra loved the purple ones. He moved all the others to different places in the tank but kept the purple in his house.

I miss my little guy. Please continue to post updates, Squiggly Eyes is awesome!

FYI, you can experiment with colors with it. Mantis shrimp can view far more colors than we can and also see in polarized vision. If you play around with different colors you'll find the ones that drive it crazy. My old peacock that was in school had an extreme distaste for blue - the color of recycling bins. This was discovered at the house of a student one summer when they lifted up the recycling bin to empty it - the mantis went berserk...