Joined a few weeks ago, and just wanted to introduce myself. I am new to the hobby, started my first tank in December. My two year old daughter and I went to Petco last summer, and purchased a betta fish. I promised my wife that the betta fish is all I would buy. I became hooked, and a few months later I broke my promise and purchased an 80 gallon saltwater tank. I am very green, so any advise is appreciated. I do want to thank Steve and Vince over at Quantum Reefs, they have been a huge help in getting me started in this hobby, and they convinced me to join Wamas.

I have attached a few pics of my setup. Thanks.

Brian

post-2633581-0-38290900-1362922384_thumb.jpgpost-2633581-0-38777100-1362923162_thumb.jpgpost-2633581-0-25292500-1362923190_thumb.jpgpost-2633581-0-36881000-1362923192_thumb.jpg

Welcome! Nice Mandarins!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Welcome to the club. Very nice start and i like your choice in fish. Do you mind sharing some details about the setup.

Yeah, I have a deep blue 80 gallon rimless, with a 40 gallon breeder for my sump/fuge.

Lights: (2) Acan 600 series 18" prisms

(2) koralia evolution 1400 with wavemaker

eshopps s-150 cone skimmer

Avast ato

(2) BRS dosing pumps

Apex controller (still haven't found the time to set this up)

For livestock I have two mandarins, a yellow eye kole tang, 2 phantom clowns, 2 anthias ignitus, blood red shrimp, and various frags.

Welcome and nice setup you have! The mandarins look like they could use a little extra food. Are they eating frozen foods at all? How is your pod population doing? It likes like you started with dry rock so you might want to add some pods to seed the tank to provide some food for mandarins.

Welcome and nice setup you have! The mandarins look like they could use a little extra food. Are they eating frozen foods at all? How is your pod population doing? It likes like you started with dry rock so you might want to add some pods to seed the tank to provide some food for mandarins.

Thanks for the heads up. I have been adding pods. I actually just added a bottle to my fuge on Thursday. They are eating PEMysis. I actually just saw some pods on my glass today for the first time, so I am hoping that the pods are finally starting to establish themselves. That picture was taken a couple weeks ago, and I feel like they have fattened up a good bit since. Their stomachs definitely aren't sunk in like they were in that picture.

Well if they are eating PEmysis that is awesome! And good job on making sure they had the pods available. It take fish months to pack the fat back on but it sounds like you have it all covered.