Think I killed my bubble tip anemone

wardragonet

I switched it to my tank that had brighter lighting, but the tank crashed and it turned to goo. But I noticed today the goo moved to a different part of the LR, is it possible for it to regenerate? post-2633469-136141089097_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think so, the current starts right but bounces off the glass going back to right where it was so it should have moved North/East instead of South/West

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Is it the light spot near the center of the rock? It almost looks like it's still hanging on. If that's the case, who knows? I had a BTA get sucked into a power head, getting shredded by the intake grate and, lo and behold, two of the three remaining pieces (nickel-sized blobs) survived to become healthy BTAs.

haha, so it tried to commit suicide, but resulted in multiplying itself.

It was just too lazy to split on it's own LOL

haha, so it tried to commit suicide, but resulted in multiplying itself.

Never thought of it that way. I can't recall why, but it started moving in the tank. Must not have liked where it was at. Next thing I knew, it was missing. Looking closely, there was this nasty blob on the intake screen of a power head. It was stuck in so deeply that I had no choice but to push it through the rest of the way - finishing the job. (Suicide, or murder?) :ph34r: It was 6-8" across normally. Now it was in three, gelatinous pieces - each no larger than a nickel. I took the pieces and threw them into a quiet area of my refugium. One dissolved. Two recovered. Later on, I gave one of the BTAs away.

I would poke the blob. If it dissolves into a bunch of muck then 1) its dead and 2) you have quite a nutrient mess to deal with.

If it is still solid organized tissue I would leave it alone.

I would poke the blob. If it dissolves into a bunch of muck then 1) its dead and 2) you have quite a nutrient mess to deal with.

If it is still solid organized tissue I would leave it alone.

And if it grabs you and drags you into the tank... well, it's alive!

Mine seems to have magically disappeared today. Has been a consistant 4-6" nem, a bit restless but looked good. Now I can't find him in the tank at all.