CaptainRon's 200 Marineland Deep Dimension

CaptainRon

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was some super rare perc. Beautiful, indeed.

Whats holding your lights to the frame rail?

Just gravity! They have enough weight to them that they don't move around unless you're really doing something crazy. And if I get that silly with things, I'm either taking the lights down or raising them up out of the way.

love your clowns.

Thanks! I was super excited to get them.

I thought you were supposed to be able to lift them up and kinda scoot the hole panel in? It looks like you insert the top, then slide in the bottom, then the bottoms settles in and the top is still held in. Mine will *almost* do that, just need to take a little material off of the upper inside of the stand and it'll work just fine. I haven't had my panels in at all since it was installed as there's a wall behind the tank - like most folks I'd assume. Fixing the panel is just yet another project that needs to get completed!

Omg! I was totally unaware of this. This will only work on one side of my stand, but it changes everything now. I'm flipping my sump the other way. This will make getting to the filter socks and maintenance much easier. Thank you for the tip.

Hehe. Good deal!

My tank is in a corner - walls along the back and the left side of the tank. So, I just left the left panel off. Makes it much easier to get something that drops on that side. And somehow I manage to drop things way too often lol

I saw you had a few nice sized frags of a nubby (from what I remember purple and tan) coral that was not the average looking acro at the last meeting. I think it was you at least! Got any pics of the colony?

Also your one of the three people who are keeping my Bennett tort alive so keep up the good work, I am waiting til I can get a frag back from one of you guys!

I'm not sure what that one might be Paul. it might be something in my Dad's tank.

I got two of those torts from you and gave the other to my Dad. He's had a little stn from the bottom, but seems to be hanging in there still. I have mine at about the highest point in the tank.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Rounded coralites, not sure what else to say you don't remember me askin about it? I was asking you about it when someone said they would buy it if that helps. I would love to see a pic of your dads tank if it has corals like that in it!

I'll have to get some shots of his tank - we still have some of everything we had then so should still be there! Dad's memory is better than mine :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I *think* I know what one you're talking about. I'm not sure if I even have a piece in my tank yet lol.

My Dad had a major bleaching event in the frag tank - the lights ended up being on for several days in a row so everything in there is nice and white. Well it was as of last week.

Anyway, we'll figure out which one it is and will definitely get you a piece of if!

• 2 weeks later...

So I think my clownfish might have eggs. Either that or she's just fat! Anyway I just took this video (it's about a minute long) trying to show how big she is compared to the other clown in the tank. These two don't exactly pal around together. The female (or what I'm now assuming is the female since it looks like she might be gravid) always stays near that toadstool. The male, always around the hammer coral. Also, I noticed today that the male was doing that rapid shaking/vibrating thing. Anyway, here's the video. Would love to hear any thoughts on if this does indeed look like she's holding eggs.

This second video is just a brief scan of my tank, also about a minute long.

So going overboard here with pictures and video lately. But I'm pretty happy with how things have been going so that's why I'm sure :)

Some recent additions to the tank...  A Yellow-White Wrasse, a Radiant Wrasse, and a McCoker's Flasher Wrasse. I also got my kalk stirrer fixed that I broke. Thanks to Justin @ Avast - he was kind enough to send me a tube of acrylic solvent - go buy their stuff! :)

Repaired Kalk Stirrer

20131121_193932.jpg

IMG_1383.JPG

IMG_1387.JPG

IMG_1389.JPG

IMG_1394.JPG

IMG_1396.JPG

IMG_1398.JPG

IMG_1400.JPG

IMG_1401.JPG

IMG_1403.JPG

IMG_1404.JPG

IMG_1406.JPG

IMG_1408.JPG

IMG_1409.JPG

Thanks! I love the wrasses and will try to find a few more to put in there before I'm done. Right now the fish list in tank is...

Lubbock Wrasse

Mystery Wrasse

Cleaner Wrasse

Yellow-White/Purple Wrasse

McCosker's Flasher Wrasse

Radiant Wrasse

Pair of Black Ice Clowns

Coral Beaty Angel

Yellow Watchman Gobie (Who isn't yellow anymore)

Hippo Tang

Blue Reef Chromis (4 EA)

Two-Bar Rabbit Fish

Six-Line Wrasse (In the Frag Tank)

I think that's all of 'em!

• 2 weeks later...

No tank update this week, but I did get my rats nest of wires... not cleaned up exactly, but relocated! At least the sump area looks much cleaner than having all those wires in front of the frag tank and sump. Not perfect, but I like it quite a bit! (And so does my wife :) )

20131215_170048.jpg

congratulations. i still have yet to mount my components. i think i'd rather wait for a flood to inundate all the drivers and power supplies on the floor before i learn my lesson. that is exactly what i need to do and congratulate you for completing the task. what do you plan to use for wire/cord management? also, i think you had one mp40 on each side, did the driver from where you have it mounted reach all the way to the other side of the tank to the dryside or is there a way to extend them? i'd like to be able to locate all my components on one electrical wall bu i can't imagine everything reaching.

congratulations. i still have yet to mount my components. i think i'd rather wait for a flood to inundate all the drivers and power supplies on the floor before i learn my lesson. that is exactly what i need to do and congratulate you for completing the task. what do you plan to use for wire/cord management? also, i think you had one mp40 on each side, did the driver from where you have it mounted reach all the way to the other side of the tank to the dryside or is there a way to extend them? i'd like to be able to locate all my components on one electrical wall bu i can't imagine everything reaching.

Thanks Marco. Everytime I get into the frag tank I have drips and spills on the floor. And with ALL the electronics in front and on the floor... it was a little worrisome! It feels MUCH better to get it up and out of the way. Nothing special for cord management - I didn't make the stickers behind the panel thick enough to get a plug behind it so everything is stil in front of the pannel. All I've done so far, and I more than likely won't do anything else, is just put a zip-tie around that mass of cables that in the lower-left of the photo. I then put another zip-tie to the first one and put a screw in the panel to hold all those cables up and out of the way. You can see there's a little access door just under the panel so I needed to make sure that was easy to get into (under-stair storage).

The MP40's are on the main display on the other side of that wall. However I do have a pair of MP10's on the frag tank - there was enough cable to go behind the frag tank to the left hand controller up top. The panel is 36" wide so there's definately room to run them a good ways, thankfully! I agree with you, definatley wanted to keep all the electronics in one location.

Edited by CaptainRon

You have a really nice variety of cool fish!

Thanks! I think the fish is what makes this so much fun for me. Love the corals, but a tank full of corals isn't as much fun as a tank full of fish! I discovered wrasses how much fun a tank full of wrasses could be at Chris Tran's house a year or two ago and have slowly been building up a nice little group in there. I think I still have room for more - just need to do some more research to see what I might like yet!