LFS Warning Vienna Aquarium Leesburg

Huly

Just popped in Vienna Aquarium to see if they have copepods. Well I have seen a few crazy things before and wont buy stock or even salt water there but today they have a large clown in a tank with another fish for sale with Marine Velvet. When we questioned the worker his response most likely velvet they come in like that.

After our experience with velvet in october we thought we should warn everyone DO NOT BUY FISH there.

They havent learned a thing since leaving vienna......

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Stopped in and had a conversation with them a few days ago. Sadly, really unimpressed and won't be back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Piper

Just a matter of time before they will be gone. I have not been back there in years, and have no plans of ever returning.

That is why we go elsewhere too is ut was thinking bottled all good can't hurt that and a mile from house. I can't believe they still have it for sale with marine velvet. That is ridiculous

• 4 weeks later...

Purchased mixed salt water from them once and the SG was 1.015. When I asked the owner about it, he said that's the way he likes it. Isn't that too low for most marine tanks?

Purchased mixed salt water from them once and the SG was 1.015. When I asked the owner about it, he said that's the way he likes it. Isn't that too low for most marine tanks?
too low for coral but not most fish. It can actually lower their stress level if done right

I saw them mix the salt into someone's bucket once instead of having it already mixed. From my understanding it needs to mix a bit before it is ok to use. I do not get my water there even though they are a mile from my house.

OK for fish, but still on the low side. It is a lot cheaper to mix, though, using less than 60% of the salt mix than if you were to mix it up to 1.0264. It could be that he just likes to keep his fish at these lower levels for health reasons, or it could be profit motive.

BRK had their tanks at that salinity (or close to it) as well. I asked John a question regarding that. He has since changed their salinity closer to what we would keep our tanks at home. His reason was it helps prevent disease/parasites.