water blaster pumps

Chad

So around two years ago (I think) now, I was looking at replacing my return pump. At the time I went through and created rating metrices for a bunch of different pumps and concluded that I probably couldn't go wrong with any of the tunze silence recirculation pro, the flowstar 3200, or the water blaster 10000.

Since it was a couple of years ago, the water blaster was still a fairly new pump and I didn't feel they had the runtime that I was comfortable with, so I put off the replacement (since my mag 9.5 was and is still going strong - sucking lots of energy for what it does - but still going strong).

So, for those of you who have had a water blaster pump for more than a year, what do you think of it?

Thanks!

Have you looked at the DC10000 ITS A DC PUMP.

They are built like a rock only pull around 80 watts.

I like the WB10000 but think the dc10000 is built better

and better on power draw,

A WB10000 would be my 2nd choice.

I haven't used a WB, but I just bought a Laguna after reading up on them on RC. This thing is dead silent and has good ratings. Plus, it's a lot cheaper than the water blasters. You may want to check them out.

I had a WB10k that ran my 210g display and four 40g breeders for about a year. Silent and never gave me any issues. I gave it to another club member and I think he is still using it.

I would look into the DC motors that were already mentioned as they are getting good reviews.