Fish list for new build

Muddy357

Here the list of fish I am thinking about for the new 90 gallon tank I will be setting up. Let me know what you think any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My goal is for bright vibrant fish.

First to last

4 Blue Reef Chromis

Pair of snowflake clownfish : I already have them in another tank

1 Flame Angel

1 Flame Hawkfish

black cap basslet

Yellow Tang

Kole Eye Tank

Yellow watchman pistol shrimp pair

Pair of neon goby’s

Bicolor blenny

And after a year or so a pair of spotted mandarines

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Muddy357

What are your plans for coral.? Flame angels are known nippers, also, the dottybacks are nasty mean fish, I would go with the basslet instead. Also Keep in mind that blue and green chromis dont usually school together. I really like the blues, not nearly as common as others. One fish I have that I really like is an Azure damsel, very pretty and peaceful, especially for a damsel. Other than that it looks like a good list.

I plan on only keeping LPS. Good point on the Dottyback I will remove from list. and yeah I think I will stick with the blue reef chromis and remove the greens.

There is a chance the Flame might nip at the LPS but it is worth the chance for such a nice fish. I know you sid you plan on LPS now but if you think you might put acros in the tank in the future I would pass on the bicolor, they like to take bites out of the undersides if colonies in the smooth tissue areas. The hawkfish will go after the pistol shrimp.

For some reason it will not let me edit my post but I will substitute out the bicolor blenny for a Trio of Squareback Anthias. I might add some SPS a long way down the road but for now sticking with what I know I can keep LPS.

Yasha haze goby and candy stripe pistol shrimp would be fun instead of the yellow watchman goby. That's what the Quantum Reefs guys suggested to me for my incoming tank and I think they have them at the moment.

4 Blue Reef Chromis

1 Flame Angel - potential coral nipper, but otherwise awesome fish with great colors

1 Flame Hawkfish - I see empty snail shells in your future, but othewise cool fish

black cap basslet - Better shot with orchids from ORA

Yellow Tang

Kole Eye Tank

Yellow watchman pistol shrimp pair - You have yellow tank, for variety, get a yasha haze with candy stripe pistol, the perfect combination

Pair of neon goby’s - the new hybrids look really nice

Bicolor blenny

if you are going to have a top on the tank, fairy wrasses, so many varieties and the colors are amazing

anthias

other notables with great color: royal gammas, helfrichi firefish, blue spot jawfish (need a top)

Updated list.

4 Blue Reef Chromis

1 Flame Angel

1 Flame Hawkfish

black cap basslet

Royal Gramma

Yellow Tang

Kole Eye Tank

Dracula Goby candy stripe pistol shrimp pair

Pair of neon goby’s

Trio of Squareback Anthias

updated again

4 Blue Reef Chromis

1 Flame Angel

1 Flame Hawkfish

black cap basslet

Royal Gramma

Yellow Tang

Kole Eye Tank

Pair of neon goby’s

Maybe a small blue hippo

I think the hawkfish will go after the pistol shrimp. The basslet and gramma are also jumpers from my experience. Could you make a removable screen top so at night or when you're not around you can just set it on top?

For some reason it will not let me edit my post

After 30 minutes it locks the posts so they can't be edited. Only the original opening post in the For Sale and Free areas stay open.

I can make you some screen tops for your tanks, I just did mine and they turned out great! For under $50...done!

I can make you some screen tops for your tanks, I just did mine and they turned out great! For under $50...done!

Thanks I will try and swing by in the next couple of days to take a look at yours.

I made a screen top for my system too Jake. Swing by if you'd like to take a look. Made mine in two parts so I have just a small section to pull out at feeding time.

updated again

4 Blue Reef Chromis

1 Flame Angel

1 Flame Hawkfish

black cap basslet

Royal Gramma

Yellow Tang

Kole Eye Tank

Pair of neon goby’s

Maybe a small blue hippo

Nice!

I think a pair of red mandarins would be awesome!

On the rimless one you're getting from Amuze, you might want to think about clips like the "ADA Cube Garden Hooks" and a screen just under the top edge:

http://www.thegreenmachineonline.com/products/aquatics/aquariums-stands/cube-garden-hooks/ada-cube-garden-hooks-8mm

I'm getting a rimless Deep Blue, and I think I'm going to ask Adam to make me a clear acrylic frame that I'll install some clear mesh on and put it just under the rim.

Steve, his tank is rimless, so the screen tops will be visible and hanging over the edges.

Steve, his tank is rimless, so the screen tops will be visible and hanging over the edges.

Sucks to be him! LOL I didnt know that his tank was rimless, he's got too many tanks !

Your still more than welcome to come by and take a look.

Do you want me to make some for you Tony? I have a ton of screen material left over, just need to buy the coners and the frame.

Sucks to be him! LOL I didnt know that his tank was rimless, he's got too many tanks !

Your still more than welcome to come by and take a look.

Do you want me to make some for you Tony? I have a ton of screen material left over, just need to buy the coners and the frame.

I have the materials; I plan to build it this weekend when I get home.