Quote for maintenance contract

Guest andrejka

Guest andrejka
I believe that some our members (AquariaUS?) run aquarium maintenance buisiness.  Or anybody who has a clue might be able to answer the question.  My dentist (in Bethesda, MD), out of curiosity, asked me how much installation and monthly maintenance contract for a, lets say 120 G reef with some softies, might cost him.  It's a long shot, but he might be interested in a system in foreseeable future.

Guest tgallo

im intrested also since i will be going away on jan 17 for 10 days and need a company or member in wich i will pay to feed the fish every other day and keep an eye on things for me.

aquariausa, what are your prices and are you intrested .

Tony- I can take care of the tank for you and bring in the mail etc.  Free of charge.  You are close enough that it isn't any inconvience.

Guest tgallo

thats great michael, i was a little hesitant to ask you because i didn't want to impose on you but since you offered i would be very greatful.

im getting married on jan 17 in new york and going on my honeymoon for 9 days to the caymen islands.

i will pm you the week before i leave so we can get together so to give you the house key etc etc.

WOW!  consider this my wedding present to you two. That and I think I still owe you a couple favors.   Congratulations from Mindy and myself.  You might have a goofy suprise when you get back though....  Be forewarned.  Maybe a WAMAS decorating party on the front steps with goofy bells, ballons, etc....  :)

Congrats Tony!  WahHOOOO!!!

Hope you plan on lots of diving in the Caymans.  Take pictures, leave bubbles.  Come back w/a "state of the reefs" address for a meeting...

s

Guest tgallo

from kelly and i, thank you all for the happy wishes.

garyL, tortuga is that a coral lol, rum sounds good.

michael, thanks for the early wedding present and maybe we can skip the wamas decorating party on the front steps   :D .

steve, i do plan on diving  and i will get some pics to share when i get back.

eddi, i wish you were coming with me  :p , i love you man.

andre, i will try to sneak some corals back for you in my suitcase.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay guys, just got back from a pseudo vacation (had to visit a few old clients in Tennessee, and current ones in Charlotte, while celebrating the New Year!).

Congrats Tony! Enjoy the trip!!!

Andrejka...best thing to do is email me off the boards for I can't always keep up with the boards :( Just a brief intro...we are not one of those companies that provides "one option" but many for clients to choose from due to different ideas on system/exhibit displays, maintenance visits/price structures, etc. We have several clients in that immediate area, so depending on the maintenance schedule/species & equip selection we definitely have a few options for them to consider. If the dentist would like some ideas you can have them contact us directly as needed or you can email. We also offer a small discount to those who are ADA members (my wife is 6 months from taking her DDS boards, so I am partial to the teeth doctors!) and have several as clients now. What better than to look at a captive reef while waiting to have your teeth cleaned, drilled, capped, or removed? hehe

Thanks,

Rich Watson

Director of Sales & New Client Development

AquariaUSA

watson@aquariausa.com

(704) 904-2022 NC/SC

(443) 310-7095 MD/DC/VA

P.S. As for WAMAS members, we can perform routine service/consulting as a last result, but honestly we would prefer someone close to you (neighbor, club buddy) do the routine check-in due to scheduling constraints when trying to add-on non-scheduled, etc. If I were not in the business I would offer to check in for free, but being in the business I do have to charge or the accountant looks at us funny. In the past we have done work for CMAS/WAMAS members on an as-needed basis, but growth over the past few years has been making it very hard to schedule things in, especially due to the wonderful traffic we all sit in most of the time.  I also joined CMAS and WAMAS more on the "hobbyist level" to try and get more enjoyment from the hobbyside, so I try not to peddle our services :) *This does not include the once in a while coral/equip sales, etc.

No problem :)

PS...We do offer a referral/commission credit (livestock, cash, etc.) on closed deals...will keep ya updated!

Thanks again, Rich