LEDs for my tank?

smallreef

I'm getting in on the group buy for evergrow...and was thinking about the IT 2040 fixture...but with talking to Jake the other day wondering if 1 fixture will be enoug to cover my 50g tank...its 3 ft wide by 2ft deep

Should i get 120 optics for the outside sides to make sure i have coverage? Or just get 2 D120s?

I'm going with 2 D120's for a 40 breeder. Depending on the coverage you want I don't think 1 is enough for a 3' footprint.

What types of corals are you keeping? If you did wider optics on the outside you could keep less light demanding corals on the sides of the tank and just use one fixture. If you think it isn't enough just grab another on the next group buy. If funding isn't an issue then go for two units.

I tried one over a 30" tank, only about 8' off the water, and it was not enough spread. I went with 2 in a "T" formation (adjusted the rocks below) because 2 did not fit end to end for a 30" tank. Need to take some photos...

Also interested in this buy, will be following for an answer!

D120's not controllable. IT2040 Controllable with manufacturer controller.

If growing LPS/softies only 1 light per 3' square or less. If growing SPS, 1 or 2 per 3' square.

1 is fine for most applications.

I was under the impression these lights cannot be managed by a controller (other than on and off.) Thx

Thats actually all I want...

I have a stupid corallife powerstrip unit now that is SUPPOSED to control the on and off ,,, but alas.. it sucks.. so its more like me turning them on every morning.. and some days they get no daylight :( when I work a 12 hours day...