Angel fish experiance

Mike Mann

My last two flames have been pickers. One is still in the tank, but my sps seem to be growing slowly and I never see polyps coming out of them. It leaves the softies alone though. It doesn't appear to be killing the sps, just slowing down the growth.

Flame, golden, navarcus, and pair of bellus angels - no problems

moorish idol - likes red planet and the occasional chalice

imperator and regal in the frag tank - so far no problems with a couple of zoos, softies, and sps. my previous regal was also fine.

I feed a lot (too much as my phosphates will attest to). That may be why. I imagine if I was more concerned about keeping my nutrients low, they would probably nip more.

Also, my polyp extension is low after adding the moorish.

I have a flame and an emperator which are fine with both LPS and SPS (although the emperator went to town on my carpet anemone and so I moved him to the large frag tank). I have a lemonpeel that is a terror on everything. I have been trying to catch that ba$tard for 3 months now . . . ggggrrrrrrrrhhhhhh!!!!

I have a Lamark Angel fish in a 90 that has a large clam, sps, lps, softies, zoas, etc. Never touched a thing. Pig of an eater to whatever food I put in there. Had him for many years now. Him and my Yellow Tang are buddies.

I had two flame angels that nipped at stuff, but both eventually died (one rock collapse, one sick). Of course the wife wanted an emporer juvenile, so that's in the QT right now, waiting to feast on the corals :dry: Plan on moving it when it gets a little bigger to a larger FOWLR though, as the 72 g is too small for that fish.

well guys he did great for the first coupe days. didnt touch a single coral. i came home today and my entire zoa colony was WIPED. This sucks but at least he picked on the cheaper stuff lets hope thats all he touchs if not im sure you will see him for sale lol. such a beautiful and active fish tho and he gets along with all my other fish so im really hoping it all works out with him

To sum it all up nicely:

Angelfish may or may not eat your coral.

:laugh: Seems the best answer so far.

Guess I've been lucky, never had any angel pick on anything...........pygmy, majestic, and two Geniacanthus (watanabei & swallowtail).

On the other hand many will say swallowtails are peaceful..........mine ain't.

....... I love them, but once they get used to the tank they act like they own every spot and have no respect for territories nor any fear of retribution for violating them.........

One of my favorite traits - leave them alone & they leave everyone else alone.............start anything with a cherub at your own peril. They fear nothing.

Wow! I see some of you keep angels together. I thout that was a no no. I have a juvi emporer in my 220 could I get away with putting a queen or blueface in there?