DIY LED build for 75 to 90 gallon tank

AlanM

that color combo looks like youu're trying to replicate 40k. a little too blue but maybe it'll make your black light posters look cool.

Heh. I dont think its as blue as you think it is. The violets are nearly invisible, supposedly, but also supposedly hit some photo pigment peaks. 2:1 royal to neutral white isnt that unusual, and the goal is to get the rest to combine to make white.

R+G+B = W

Yep, I think you will be happy with that combo. It wont be too blue. I do 2:1 RB to white (a 50/50 mix of 4500k and 6500k). I also have reds and violets in there and it looks great (to me :) )

• 1 month later...

Here's the driver box I've made. This picture was from a couple of weeks ago, so I've done a bit more wiring since then. I'm doing this one during quiet times at work because I can pop on a few connectors and strip wires here and there.

IMG_20130322_134512_zps28831464.jpg

I'm doing three groupings about like this:

08489118203c2dd6195097d946177757_zps2d35662e.jpg

They will all get 60 degree lenses.

Above the top left LED you can see the big dent in the heatsink. Thank you, UPS. It has apparently been like this for a while because it has taken me a while to open the box and look carefully. I didn't notice it until probably too late to make a claim. Oh well. I'll put that in the back.

Looks good! Don't know how that could be UPS damage though...was the box smashed? I would think for that kind of dent there would be something obvious.

Yep. Box was dented, but this box was inside another box. I remember feeling that LEDGroupBuy packed it really well, so it's possible this happened when someone at my house knocked it over. It's a pretty heavy thing and could build some momentum when falling.

41e6b62bfe2ed649e643ccd460f49b6d_zps92de9f6c.jpg

• 4 weeks later...