Tank Drilling

DCReefer1964

I have an Oceanic 7 ft 210 gallon tank that needs drilling. Please provide recommendations of size, and hole placement Supply/Returns. In addition is their anyone willing to assist with this project? Location Clinton, MD, Andrews Air Force Base.

didnt the club video tape a how to at the latest meeting?? anyone got the video link?

you need to work out the flow you want to get the size holes needed. most likely will be 1in to 1.5 in holes (if you want to do a herbie style then you want 3 holes.

im going to be doing mine in the very near future and ill try to video tape for you....just in case disaster strikes too.

You drilling bottom or back? What type return pump are you going to use, list gph at estimated head?

My Oceanic 210g had two factory drilled 1" bulkhead drains in the bottom and I wish they would have been bigger. I never could run my pump fully.

I posted the other day about a discount from Glass-Holes.com. Comes with everything you need to do this job. I would go with their monster overflow for a tank this big, just make sure you get a pump to drive it. Drilling really isn't all that hard and they include all instructions.

I posted the other day about a discount from Glass-Holes.com. Comes with everything you need to do this job. I would go with their monster overflow for a tank this big, just make sure you get a pump to drive it. Drilling really isn't all that hard and they include all instructions.

Thanks I will be running a Dolphin pump for this project max 4 foot head. It is located in the garage. I am a little worried about the cold weather, not afraid to drill it . Visiting Glass-Holes.com. She is heavy will need help tipping it on it's face to drill.

you can drill without flipping the tank over. I drilled a 265 with water in it for the glassholes dart overflow kit.

Thanks but she is empty.

For perspective I have two 2" bulkead drains drillled in the back of my 135 gallon. I run a panworld 100 PX-X return pump rated at 1270gph fully open. I also teed one of the drains to feed my fuge.

For perspective I have two 2" bulkead drains drillled in the back of my 135 gallon. I run a panworld 100 PX-X return pump rated at 1270gph fully open. I also teed one of the drains to feed my fuge.

2 2" drains on the back wall it will be.

Thanks