My 14 gallon BioCube Build

YHSublime

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

frogspawns need a lot of room and may sting other corals close to it so keep an eye on it as it gets bigger.

Thanks for the heads up. I plan on having my 40 setup by the time it grows. I expect good reactions once they get under these lights:

DSC_0266_zps545c962f-1_zps9c747039.jpg

Updated:

Added some new Pink and Green Palys from Cees Reef (Thanks Curtis, they are looking awesome in the blues!) The pics reflect with the whites, but I'll probably put some up later to show how nice they are in the blue lights.

They have since opened up almost all the wa:

DSC_0281_zpsde94ce04.jpg

Peppermint getting friendly on the toadstools:

DSC_0272_zps3fe19554.jpg

Pink Palys:

DSC_0283_zpsca14bc28.jpg

FTS

DSC_0266_zps46d14265.jpg

Also found these growing on a shell:

DSC_0289_zps61722fb4.jpg

The toadstool has been one of my favorite additions to the tank. First day or two there were no "hairs" coming out of it. I was shocked when it sprouted green tentacles all over! Watching everything grow has been awesome!

Stopped and visited Monkiboy tonight, picked up some sweet corals:

DSC_0283_zpse13d5d59.jpg

I also picked up the two hammers in the back from another member today.

DSC_0287_zps6fb75b65.jpg

DSC_0293_zpscac3d1da.jpg

Hey there rock anemone, you do what you want (follow the pathway up in the middle, it's new home <sigh>

DSC_0297_zps5032f01d.jpg

Tonights FTS:

DSC_0275_zpsf1a41068.jpg

Also, enjoyed this:

DSC_0274_zps2e6d2a6c.jpg

And last but not least, my clowns are enjoying this coral, can anybody explain "hosting" to me, and is it possible they might have chose these pink palys?

DSC_0304_zps8975d7e0.jpg

I redid my rock work. When I put together my rock and aquaspace I didn't take into account the corals I was going to be keeping, and the cleaning of the tank, or even how big things would grow and what didn't get along with others. I like it a lot, and it makes a big cave in the middle. It really showcases the tank, and my rock anemone is making it's way out from the back of the tank to the middle, slowly but surely. The toadstools don't seem to be coming out as much, but I will give them some time and see what happens.

Old rock work:

DSC_0297_zps11962e26.jpg

New rock:

DSC_0332_zps8c8f2ff4.jpg

DSC_0299_zps4a36b3ad.jpg

DSC_0322_zpsac2caa15.jpg

DSC_0324_zps2a820d58.jpg

DSC_0329_zps26328b88.jpg

DSC_0325_zps8d2317ea.jpg

Crawling on out:

DSC_0331_zps7d941275.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just a few new pics, few new corals. 55gallon comming soon.

DSC_0278_zps6c5cd31e.jpg

DSC_0276_zpsd887f42b.jpg

DSC_0272_zpsd877e4ac.jpg

DSC_0266_zps5d375b67.jpg

DSC_0265_zpsa60405f4.jpg

to

corals all look happy. does that mean you are going to use the 55 as a reef tank?

So I actually ended up selling my 55 long via craigslist, but she didn't take the stand Getting ready to put that up on CL. Ended up going with this. Guess I should edit and say 45 gallon (which is exactly what the breeder was, from my understanding.) I've got the lights, just need to get a good protein skimmer, an RO/DI, and a pump. it'll be a slow and steady build. i ended up returning the 40 breeder and 20 gallon potential sump. The idea of drilling them, building a sump and then a stand, and still mounting the lights from the ceiling was just too daunting. Once I ever move into a house, then I'll have a garage for DIY, but for now I'm ready for plug and play action.

I also need to slow my roll, if the miss wasn't in the picture, I'd have a tank on every wall. I've got a good handful of projects lined up!

Also, looks what's growing on my hammer, just noticed tonight:

DSC_0284_zpsa659af6a.jpg

Prepare for a new build. Will continue with the Nano as I go, so this is still open for business!

DSC_0263_zps05701908.jpg

DSC_0264_zps2055fbca.jpg

A 36" x 18" footprint tank would have looked MUCH MUCH nicer in that location!!! :laugh: (j/k)

Looking very nice - keep the updates coming.

(edited)

A 36" x 18" footprint tank would have looked MUCH MUCH nicer in that location!!! :laugh: (j/k)

Looking very nice - keep the updates coming.

Sorry man! I was actually planning on using the space where the table is in the picture. For some strange reason my gf came around and we rearranged, she's going to let me showcase it, which is quite a surprise. I would have gone with a 90 if I had known!

impressed. two tanks in one room. where did you put that third tank?

Maybe that will be the name of my new thread. I planned on switching out the 14 with the 29. My folks live in Falls Church, so I was cleaning it up over there. Until I get an RO/DI unit, it doesn't make sense to buy and transport all that water.

Edited by YHSublime

Sorry man! I was actually planning on using the space where the table is in the picture. For some strange reason my gf came around and we rearranged, she's going to let me showcase it, which is quite a surprise. I would have gone with a 90 if I had known!

you should have picked up the one ryan was selling.

What's that they say about hindsight? :tongue:

you should have picked up the one ryan was selling.
Yuppie;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2