Sublime 45 Cube Reef Build

So starting polishing up the tank tonight. Still have yet to clean the back, but I threw in some egg crate, and started playing with some of the rock I've been soaking. I really want to put some time into my aquascaping this time around, if anybody has any advice, let me know. Prepare for the slowest build ever.

DSC_0263_zps05701908.jpg

DSC_0266_zpsa7e74f24.jpg

DSC_0269_zps27e6dce6.jpg

DSC_0265_zpsae5fcee3.jpg

DSC_0263_zps8090550d.jpg

DSC_0267_zpsfaf0c84a.jpg

Thanks. I want more height, but that's all the rock I have atm. I have been looking at tanks the same size, and seeing how they worked their rocks. I like this one I found:

cp-farm-japanese-reef-tank_zps08f94ea9.jpg

Granted it's already covered in beautiful corals in pristine looking water and sand, but I like the "shape."

Nice, I started a 45 cube build 2 weeks ago. Just finished my cycle on Dr. Tims using dry BRS reefsaver rock. Clean up crew on the way (although I didn't have any algae bloom/growth during the cycle).

What are you going to use for flow/filtration/lighting? I'm trying to decide between a Tunze 6095 run w/an Apex or 2 MP10's. As far as skimmer, I'm thinking Avast CS1, but wonder if it's overkill. Radion pro for lighting.

Nice, I started a 45 cube build 2 weeks ago. Just finished my cycle on Dr. Tims using dry BRS reefsaver rock. Clean up crew on the way (although I didn't have any algae bloom/growth during the cycle).

What are you going to use for flow/filtration/lighting? I'm trying to decide between a Tunze 6095 run w/an Apex or 2 MP10's. As far as skimmer, I'm thinking Avast CS1, but wonder if it's overkill. Radion pro for lighting.

Flow, filtration, up in the air. Lighting: 36x3watt leds. 18 cool whites and 18 royal bkues. Separate power so I can independently turn on and off each color using 90 degree optics. Will hang them from the ceiling, just waiting on the kits.

that tank has a lot of fish in it.

so what overflow are you going to put on that tank?

Open to suggestions, aka, I have no idea yet.

Not to hijack in any way - but wanted to show you my rockscape to give ideas in case you were looking for some. I really like the low rocks (all of my front rocks are low) but I agree that its good to have one taller one in the back to give height and allow for variation.

post-2633550-0-90906500-1359519223_thumb.jpg

post-2633550-0-92861200-1359519230_thumb.jpg

Not to hijack in any way - but wanted to show you my rockscape to give ideas in case you were looking for some. I really like the low rocks (all of my front rocks are low) but I agree that its good to have one taller one in the back to give height and allow for variation.

very cool. similar to my nano.

are you going to drill another return hole for emergencies? adam ad artfully acrylics can probably design and build you a nice custom overflow.

those are really nice rocks. are they pukani?

are you going to drill another return hole for emergencies? adam ad artfully acrylics can probably design and build you a nice custom overflow.

I hadn't planned on it. This is amateur hour, I'm glad I'm getting all this feed back early. I've seen Adams work, it's nice, I wonder if I can afford it. What does another return hole for emergencies do?

I am pretty sure he meant to say an emergency drain hole. That way if your main drain gets stopped up for any reason or simply cannot keep up with the return then the emergency drain will kick-in and make sure you do not flood your place or drain your sump and have the pump running dry and getting damaged.

I'd rather not do any drilling. I'd really like to see examples of what we're talking about. I'd like to keep it simple and effective.