I need help with my RO/DI!

TonyInVa

My third stage is not getting water. I thought the ASOV was bad and thats why water was not going to the membrane. But as it turns out water flows if the filter is not in the canister, if the filter is in the canister water does not flow through the third chamber. I changed the filters about 2 months ago. Is it likely the filter is fully clogged?

Edited by TonyInVa

What is your water pressure? So you have water coming out of the pre filters but not out of the RO product line? Do you have flow on the RO waste line?

Try reinstalling all your filters again. I had a DI canister not seat properly once and the rubber top seal ended up blocking flow. The pre filters may be clogged which is dropping the PSI in the RO membrane and not allowing it to work. If you have RO waste and no product then the soft rubber expansion ring on the RO membrane might be damaged. Sometimes they come untapped.

My water pressure is 60psi. The likely senerio is its not seating right. Because if I take the filter cartridge out of the third stage and run the canister with out the filter water flows through. But when I tried reinstalling the filter no flow. I even flipped the cartridge over and no flow.

The chamber doesn't fill or there is no water flow on the output? It's normal for the chamber to fill or fill only partially.

Do you have a pressure gauge after the filters and before the membrane?

Do you have waste water, Tony, or no water at all coming out of either RO port?

If neither, as a test, try pulling all of the prefilters out and checking for output. If you're still not getting output, the RO membrane is clogged or (for some reason) dried out.

If you get water out of one port and not another, tell us what you're seeing.

Do you have waste water, Tony, or no water at all coming out of either RO port?

If neither, as a test, try pulling all of the prefilters out and checking for output. If you're still not getting output, the RO membrane is clogged or (for some reason) dried out.

If you get water out of one port and not another, tell us what you're seeing.

If I take the third pre filter out the unit works and I get 60psi to the gauge. My problem must be with the third prefilter.

When you remove the canister, look underneath and make sure that there is not a rubber gasket still attached to the ro unit. Sometimes when you change the filters the rubber gasket can stick to the ro unit and if you put a new cartridge in with another gasket it can mess things up.