Advice re. algae scrapers

dano

I fairly recently upgraded to a 130 which is 4ft wide, curved corners and very tall. I have to stand on a tall stepladder and take the hood off to be able to barely reach the bottom with my fingertips. Next time I will buy a more accessible tank. Anyways, I was looking for advice on what people thought was the best algae cleaners/scapers, magnetic or otherwise, since it is so hard to get my arm in the tank. Thanks

I just purchased this:

http://www.marinedepot.com/Mag_Float_Scraper_Magnet_Cleaner_(Glass)_Large_(3_4_Inch_20mm)_Floating_Algae_Magnets-Mag_Float-MF00400-FIMTAMCMFM-vi.html

And really love how easy to use it is. Strong mag and powerful scrapper. A little pricey I know, but very worth it!

On your average home tank, you shouldn't have to deal with scraping coralline algae because you are wiping the algae every other day...

You can scratch glass with a razor scraper if you're not careful. Always move perpendicular to the blade.

#1 way to scratch acrylic tanks with algae magnets: moving around a corner and getting a vermetid or astrea under the magnet.