For all ecotech radion owners

miggs76

Just was on the ecotech website and got the news about the new radion and how they are going to handle the upgrade for people who have the first generation. Instead of having to buy a new 650 dollar generation 2, starting in Quarter 1 of 2013 you can have them send you the new one, and they will enclose a postage paid box where you would send them your old one. That way you won't lose a day of lights. This is of course not free, but 150 bucks. For people like me with have the TIR lens, they will knock off 30 bucks so it would be $120. I think this is more than fair (although I am sure people will disagree) considering when I buy an Ipod and the new one comes out a few months down the road there is no upgrade available other than buying a brand new one.

Edited by miggs76

So what does the new one have over the old ones?

I think that's a great deal. They definitely don't have to offer that by any means.

They didn't have to do it, but it was a smart move. For some reason the Radions have been a lightning rod for the anti-LED crowd. I'm not sure why people feel the need to pick a side and defend it, but the whole thing reminds me of the Android/iOS or PS3/XBox fanboys and is just as ridiculous. I do think it would be a good idea to continue to produce the Gen 1 Radions and sell them for $599 with the Gen 2's at $649 and the pro's at $949, but I'm pretty sure they're going to phase out the 1st generation.

Edited by Jim