Notorious new guy

Hey all, I'm jake, I've lurked around for awhile here and finally pulled the trigger on becoming a member. Right now I'm still

On my first tank a 55g "baby" reef tank. It's only been running about 7 months so it's getting there. I am a reef addict I will confess.

Looking to upgrade soon because I hate the dimensions of the 55 when it comes to rockscaping. really like the way this forum is setup and the group of fellow hobbyist so far! Keep it up guys! Also outside of the hobby I am an underwriter for a surplus insurance company so of you have insurance questions I can probably answer it!

Hi Jake. Welcome to WAMAS. This is a great community and, now that you're a member, you'll get to see all the other areas in the forum that we have and from which you'll undoubtedly benefit.

Tell us more about your tank and your livestock.

55g

Hob overflow

40g sump with about 20g of that dedicated as a refugeium

Euro reef fs80 skimmer

Rio 2500 return pump

22w? Uv sterilizer

90lbs+- LR

40lbs "live sand"

2 bulb t5 54w with moonlights(need to upgrade for better growth) (1) 12000k (1)true acintics bulb

And once a week for two(ish) days I run a hob filter in my sump with carbon only.

Livestock

15-20 blue legged hermits

10 turbo snails

2 ocellerius(sp?) clowns

2 domino damsels

1 mandarin goby

1 Condy anenome

1 good size toadstool

Large frag of green apple zoas

Tons of polyps all over rock with a few leathers.

A 6" mat of GSP ( many don't like but weirdly this is probably one my favorites besides the zoas' .

I know I probably left some stuff out but this gives and idea of what I have so far

Ps for flow I have two marine land maxi-jets (the ones with propellers)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yea I was a complete noob when I got the 55 the only reason I got it was because it was 55$ (petco dollar a gallon sale)

Hey it was a start to an awesome addiction and you can always use that 55 for something down the road. ie sump or QT. And with some careful planning I have seen some really cool 55g reefs.