Clown help

NYfan78

I have 2 ocelaris(sp?) clowns and a small kole tang. They all have gotten along great but this week I've noticed the larger of the clowns is tipping at the kole tangs back fins. Why would he do this??? I love my kole tang!

Edited by NYfan78

What will the eggs look like? The clowns and the tang are in open water not around a certain rock.

What size tank are they in? It sounds like normal territorial aggression and unless it ends with torn fins I would not worry much about it. Like MBVette mentions she could be protecting a laying site. The eggs will look like small orange things and later the cases become clear and you can see the eyes.

the caps key has to be on where i work so thats why but hey thanks with the great info related to the post lol

The larger clown is most likely the female and is being territorial. She may or may not be ready to lay eggs. However, the female clown in general can be a very aggressive fish and a 34g tank does not provide enough room. I would get a larger tank or re-home the tang. It sounds like the tangs fins are being damaged and living under that much constant stress is going to lower it's immune system. That combined with open wounds on the fins are a recipe for death for the tang. If you want to have another fish in with those clowns I would be sure to get something that can deal with the aggressiveness.

Good luck