Possible Apex issue?

MBVette

So I just tried to turn on my new apex and everything powers up except for the screen. I have the screen plugged into the main module and that is connected to one of the EB8's. Everything except for the screen seems to be powered up properly and has all of the lights on, but the screen is blank. Any ideas?

Not familiar with Apex, but see if there is a brightness control...may be dimmed so low you cannot see it with the ambient light...

Through the ethernet port wired to your router directly. You cannot update firmware through wireless for some reason also. I learned that the hard way after I installed everything upstairs and had to tear it all down.

If all else fails, Paul at Neptune is extremely helpful and can even take over your computer and fix your settings. Shoot him an email at the support line and he answers pretty quickly.

You should see something like 117 updates flash accross your computer screen. Follow the prompts and the display should work fine. IMO, you do not want to use the screen for programming or naming anyway, it is a huge PITA. If they sold the Lite or the full Apex without the screen, I would buy that.

You can't just plug it in for a second? It doesn't take long. Like I said, you cannot update it wirelessly. I have a router set up as a bridge and if I want to update, I have to take the main unit downstairs to where my Verizon modem/router is and plug in directly.

If you are computer savy, direct connect a laptop to Ethernet port. Specify IP Address and subnet on the laptop under TCIP settings. Then flash from there.

You can't just plug it in for a second? It doesn't take long. Like I said, you cannot update it wirelessly. I have a router set up as a bridge and if I want to update, I have to take the main unit downstairs to where my Verizon modem/router is and plug in directly.

Its not possible, there are over 100 connections that go to that router, including all of my phones.

Its not possible, there are over 100 connections that go to that router, including all of my phones.

I would try what killrblue said if you're up to it. Otherwise, Paul at Neptune is your best bet. The only other thing I can think to do is take the Apex home with you and set it up there. If your screen works and you can program it, it will work just fine when you plug it in to your tank. I set mine up for a week or so without any "internet access" at all, but as long as you have your settings right, you can always figure out the internet part later. Like I said earlier, it is really difficult to name and program using the display anyway, so make sure you at least program the outlets at home and test them with a lamp or something so you know they're working correctly.

There is a very good chance the display is working but the brightness is turned all the way down. I have seen that on the Apex before. If you tilt the screen at an angle, you may be able to see the display working very faintly.

I have had this issue 3 times all from different issues: 1) Daytime brightness set too low; 2) Prompt to update firmware which fixed it; 3) Was fried and had it replaced through neptune for $40. Their service is great and as recommended above, I would call them for support once you have a way to connect a computer directly to the apex (wireless does not work to update firmware also as above).

I am so frustrated with this thing. I am guessing neptune is closed today b/c they are not answering their phones.

But everyonce in awhile the screen pops up, but doesnt stay on for long. But I did bring it to DaveS and he had it working at his house, so I dont know?? With all the plugging and unplugging I had extra DC8's showing up so I went and deleted all of the modules, and I guess that was a bad idea b/c now it is not regognizing anything and it will not add any of the modules back in. I am about ready to throw this thing out a window, and the email I got from Neptune on Friday was worthless saying if I cant get it open to outside my network they cant help. What

• 4 weeks later...

One of the cables was bad for me, changed te cable out and everything worked. Give Neptune a call and they will log in remotely and troubleshoot it

I have not been able to set it up to work outside of my network. In fact since I lost the use of the display I can't even view it in my network (computer) only on my phone. So I would say remote login won't help. I just got my display back from Neptune (repair) yesterday as well and haven't seen any life out of it.

Also do you run mh's on your apex? If so how do you make that work ?