Help me pick out a new Unique fish

Incredible Corals

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would NOt add a cowfish to your tank. to many fast aggressive eaters, just not a good call. I think the grouper would be fine or the tusk, it would be a long time before it could eat your other fish.. I also think a group of fish could be a nice addition as well, but you would starting to pack that tank really tight..

I think I have at least narrowed it down to the fact that I want a group of fish not just one. 10 or so Helfrichis would be sweeeeet!

maybe mix it up with red/purple ones too

The battle royale method of introduction has worked well for me in the past... I'm not sure if that will work or not (not sure I'd want to try it with helfrichi first!!), but adding 10-12 fish knowing you will likely lose some in the transition has gotten me some large stable groups of things you wouldn't expect...

(like yellow watchman gobies, anthias, and 6-line wrasses - these I expected to lose some and ended up not losing any... that was kind of a fun group of dedicated killers...)

Narrowed down the list. Well not much but I like all these :)

Assessors

Crosshatch Trigger Pair

Achilles Tang

Aussi Harlequin Tusk

3 x Bannerfish

3 x Borbonius Anthias

Genicanthus melanospilos

Genecanthus personatus

As much as it pains me to say because I really really love them, but I think I'd eliminate the crosshatch pair... as they are fairly large active fish and should have more space as a pair than 200, especially given your current fish load.

It's one item off the list :)

As much as it pains me to say because I really really love them, but I think I'd eliminate the crosshatch pair... as they are fairly large active fish and should have more space as a pair than 200, especially given your current fish load.

It's one item off the list :)

You are right and they more towards the bottom of the list anyway. I think I should remove the Achilles tang because I already has so many. I also forgot to add the Coral Hind grouper so I added it to the bottom of the list. However, I think it would get way to big for the tank.

My top tow are Aussi Harlequin Tusk or 3 Bennerfish or maybe all of them :)

Assessors

Aussi Harlequin Tusk

3 x Bannerfish

3 x Borbonius Anthias

Genicanthus melanospilos

Genecanthus personatus

Coralhind Grouper

Ugh... didn't Jan have a banner that went after her corals. I hope I'm wrong. Either way an Aussi Tusk would be amazing.

I'm suggesting the Schooling Bannerfish, Heniochus diphreutes - which eat plankton - as opposed to the Black & White Bannerfish Heniochus acuminatus. I suspect Jan had the latter (although I can't be sure) and they aren't necessarily reef safe.

Ugh... didn't Jan have a banner that went after her corals. I hope I'm wrong. Either way an Aussi Tusk would be amazing.

I think you have your answer!

You know you want it!!!

harleq~1.jpg

one day i will have a blue faced angel

Choats leopard wrasse's are another favorite Macropharyngodon choati

the pinnate batfish is pretty cool too and you can find them tank raised.Platax pinnatus

banded longfin basslet (dont see them often)

Golden jacks are pretty cool too.

but x35 on the flashing tilefish