The shock of my life

spykey

I am in the process of changing my fish only system into a reef. That being said I am spending a lot of time changing things about my system. In the process of doing some cleaning in my tank, I moved my heater from my tank to my new sump. I got the shock of my life. I immediately unplugged the heater and did a google search on this heater to see if anyone else had similar problems. I found that my Plastic Stealth (made by marineland) heater had been recalled over a year ago because it caused fires!! Please all check your tank to see if you have this dangerous product also. See recall notice below.

Moderators - Should we keep a running recall page or sticky for aquarium related recalls?

(edited)

Sorry you missed the recall on that. There have been several posts about it already but you being not so active might have missed them.

You are a Moderator - Should we?

Edited by spykey

Petsmart took my old stealth heater type and I replaced it with a aquacon heater...never had any issues with either

I also have a titanium heater from brs...

Good idea, I pinned a new topic here: Product Recalls.

Hoping it doesn't get buried with discussion and imposed a no discussion rule, just reference things.

it might be easier to put them all in the first post, which you can always edit to add things on later on... (and sticky the thread)

and let the rest be for discussion...

Sorry that you got shocked like that. These were recalled about 20 months ago as I recall.