Anyone near me? Mt. Airy...

NYfan78

So does anyone live near me? I am in Mt. Airy, MD. i would like to see who is around and meet up with some people to check there tanks and exchange info.

So does anyone live near me? I am in Mt. Airy, MD. i would like to see who is around and meet up with some people to check there tanks and exchange info.

http://www.wamas.org/forums/topic/47048-wamas-member-map/

According to the member map above (in wamas member-only forum), there are a few folks near you that you could PM and reach out to if you wanted.

I ask because 1st i d like to get to know more people in the hobby and 2nd i am going away for 8 days starting sept 1st. and want to get to know someone i can trust to chk up on the tank while i am gone.

I'm actually moving to Ellicott City at the end of August, assuming the house inspection doesn't find that the rancher we have under contract is going to fall over in a month. ;)

I probably won't be able to tank sit for you as I'll be moving my own tank at that point but it is good to know of other local members. I'll get myself posted on the Google Map locator too.

I live in West Friendship, MD (~ 15 min from you) right off I-70 and 32. Not as available for tank sitting these days, but I like the idea of getting to know the local reefers in the club. Although we are a bit far from the big boys in the big city, the meetings are well worth the drive if you haven't yet attended one.

Maybe we should set up a local tank tour for the I-70 guys? (I'd love to see Big Country's tank as I have been learning from him for quite some time now and never realized that we are neighbors).

I live in West Friendship, MD (~ 15 min from you) right off I-70 and 32. Not as available for tank sitting these days, but I like the idea of getting to know the local reefers in the club. Although we are a bit far from the big boys in the big city, the meetings are well worth the drive if you haven't yet attended one.

Maybe we should set up a local tank tour for the I-70 guys? (I'd love to see Big Country's tank as I have been learning from him for quite some time now and never realized that we are neighbors).

I try to help out when I have knowledge of the discussion topic, alot of people have helped me out over the years and it seems that I still can't get it right to get my tank really going, alot of that is me getting lazy in the summer and not keeping up with the water changes though. Anyone is welcome to swing by whenever, just give me a yell if you're in the area. Always willing to talk aquariums, fishing or hunting. I'd be in for a tank tour of all the local guys and gals.

I'm in for a tank tour. Just don't have a tank to show. BigCountry's is definately worth a visit. Nice setup for sure having seen it.

I am also down for a tank tour. Lets set it up and have a cook out somewhere...someones house or park.

NNot iiitttt!

Mike (BowieReefer): Thanks for organizing.

I think that we should make it clear that folks don't have to show their tank to attend. The point is to meet fellow local reefers and share some knowledge between us. THe bigger the group the better, but I think that more that 3-4 stops (with a bit of driving between) is gonna be hard. While my tanks aren't nearly ready for prime time, I would love a consult from the group and am more than happy to share where I am at this point as a stop. I will keep an eye out for your new thread.

(edited)

Yea, if we start at Big Country (starting point) in Linthicum and travel the 95, 100, 29, 70 corridor it's prob 30 min to your place (end location). I am sure there are 2-3 others along the way. I figure 30 min at each house with a 10-15 min drive between.

4 tanks (2hours) plus an hour driving would not be a bad day?

The tough part will be scheduling. I would think early on Saturdays would be best? Like 9am-noon...

I will start another thread...

If we could get TomD from CMAS in on this everyone would be in for the best/healthiest setups I have ever seen in my life...

Edited by BowieReefer84