And it gets worse for me

MBVette

So here are some pictures: There are a lot more than this so if you want to see more let me know.

DSC_5691.jpg

DSC_5692.jpg

DSC_5704.jpg

DSC_5706.jpg

DSC_5711.jpg

DSC_5716.jpg

DSC_5717.jpg

DSC_5718.jpg

DSC_5720.jpg

Sure I have had a crappy couple days (and now my check engine light just came on). But it could be a lot worse.

It was on the weekend so nobody was there, imagine if kids were in the building. The fire was contained to the tank area so our damage is pretty limited. And this is not my house, and the business has good insurance.

So it could be worse on many levels.

Good luck with the claims process. Be careful using "fudge factors." It could delay processing if you don't have backup, and I know you're just itching to put this behind you and get the tank set up again. Sorry for the losses, but happy that you'll get help reestablishing the tank.

Here are some pics today during the tear down, they give a better idea of what happened than the other pics.

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

And that is the end of that tank.

Good luck with the claims process. Be careful using "fudge factors." It could delay processing if you don't have backup, and I know you're just itching to put this behind you and get the tank set up again. Sorry for the losses, but happy that you'll get help reestablishing the tank.

She didnt ask for prices for the current setup, just told me to replace it. So Im not going to add additional items. Going to build out the same size tank, just going to add radioms and a better protein skimmer and just keep the rest for the most part pretty similar. I would love to add a chiller, but I never had one and would be hard pressed to come up with anything if she questions me.

She didnt ask for prices for the current setup, just told me to replace it. So Im not going to add additional items. Going to build out the same size tank, just going to add radioms and a better protein skimmer and just keep the rest for the most part pretty similar. I would love to add a chiller, but I never had one and would be hard pressed to come up with anything if she questions me.

Sounds really good. You're fortunate they'll replace it all. Is this the school's insurance or ???

I know it's just a guess, but do you have any idea what actually started the fire and why? Did water overflow out of the sump and start a chain of events?

(edited)

Yeah this is all under the schools insurance. Travelers has been really good to us about this (the total damage is probably going to exceed 125k)

We got a pretty good idea of what caused the fire; the fire marshall worked on it for a couple hours. So our power was out until Sunday morning; and when it came on we got a surge and I had a $10 cooling fan not on a surge protector and it caught fire behind the cabinet doors. The fire went up, hit the ceiling tiles and then went back down and caught the pumps and then burst out the front of the cabinet. Then the smoke alarms went off and a sprinkler head popped; holding it down enough to keep it from spreading until the fire department got there. 6 different stations from 3 counties came and did a great job.

Edited by MBVette

We have Travelers Insurance, and had an incident a year ago. They were great! Despite everything, I hope things go as well for you. Who is your adjuster?

Ah, we had a dude and not so cute. :)

We were in major loss unit, but you might be as well. I am happy to report some of the details are already getting fuzzy.

Again, best of luck to you!!