Coral Hind

Ryan S

I'll admit it, I didn't know what the name "Coral Hind" meant. I knew your name was David, but what exactly is a Coral Hind, or a Hind Coral? So I was at the LFS last weekend, browsing through a book of marine fish, and there you were! A Coral Hind! I didn't know it was a fish! A beautiful grouper at that! They say you learn something new everyday. Well, last Sunday, that's what I learned. So for the rest of you that also didn't know what a "Coral Hind" was (even though it's his avatar), here are some photos of a "Coral Hind" - not OUR Coral Hind, but you get the point. :)

Cephalopholis_miniata_1.jpg

dsc_1922_coralhind_blog.jpg?w=500&h=332

dsc_2854_coralhind_grouper_blog.jpg?w=500&h=347

3621829097_435ac76d02.jpg

g-hlt-090225-grouper-ciguatera-10a.grid-6x2.jpg

Coral-hind-at-cleaning-station-with-cleaner-shrimps.jpg

Lol...i love that you looked it up!...i have always know it by 'Miniatus Grouper' but when i saw his name i knew it was one in the same as soooo many of our fish have multiple common names.

^a fact that used to screw me up regularly before common internet use as I traveled around the country and found names for what I knew to be very different!

BTW, Ryan, awesome :)

Something you may not know about Coral Hind. He is a great asset to this club. Has helped me numerous times when I have been in a bind, and heard he has done the same for others.

Something you may not know about Coral Hind. He is a great asset to this club. Has helped me numerous times when I have been in a bind, and heard he has done the same for others.

You heard right :) Thank you for all your help, David, both for me and WAMAS!

+1!