Things that go away on their own

paul b

It seems that there are so many people in this hobby that are stressed every time they see something either growing or just appearing in their tanks.

I figured I would post things that over the years just went away with no help from me.

Hair algae.

I have no idea when I took this picture but it must have been at least 15 years ago. That fireclown is stil with me and he is almost 18 now, but look at all the hair algae. The fish and corals were in great shape, but the tank looked horrible. It left on it's own like it always does

scan0005.jpg

About 2 years ago I had so many flatworms that I could not find any rock that was not covered in them. Everyone was urgeing me to use "Flatworm Exit"

IN about 6 months, every one of them disappeared. I didn't use anything.

Last year I noticed one tiny spot of this bubble algae. Everyone said I had to remove it immediately or it would cover everything in the tank and the tank would crash.

Much of it has died off and it is only on a couple of rocks. I like the stuff and think it is interesting.

IMG_1497.jpg

wow bottle and can, is it okay for the water quality? Sorry question coz i was always told rust and foreign objects can be harmful. Am i reading wrong. Just very curious. I love the theme though.

(edited)

There are about 8 bottles in there but no foreign objects, all of those bottles are American :rolleyes:

(the can is aluminum and is coated with fiberglass resin)

Gobieggs014.jpg

Gobieggs007-1.jpg

PlazaHotel001.jpg

Redalgae017.jpg

copyof1317.jpg

Bottle.jpg

DSC01322.jpg

Hasen't hurt the water quality yet.

IMG_1947.jpg

Edited by paul b