They all love this feeder

paul b

I know I posted this before but I just love this thing.

I have been at this for a long time but I get all excited when I see the animals enjoying themselves, especially if it is with something that I created.

Just about all of my fish eat from this live baby brine feeder even though they have other things they could be eating. The thing was created for a skinny young female mandarin but it has been so successful that I use it every day. Many of the fish hang around it even when there is nothing in it. I have successfully used variations of this method to feed moorish Idols and seahorses. Fish easily learn where the food is and most smaller fish thrive on living new born brine shrimp. There is even a couple of large gobies in there that swim up for huge mouthfulls.

For people that have certain fish like mandarins, small pipefish or scooter bleenies and are worried they don't get enough to eat should try this. It is just a net stretched over a container with a tube going to the surface so live baby shrimp can be added. It really works great as this video shows.

th_MVI_1982.jpg

This is a takeoff from your old seahorse feeder, isn't it, Paul? I just love the things you've come up with over the years. Especially the blackworm tray.