Fazio92's 330gal Rimless Reef Display

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome Anthony. Looks amazing.

Thanks Ryan!

The tank looks brighter with the lights lowered. Some upper level schooling fish would look good in there.

Yeah, everything is starting to color back up now since the 1ft light drop. I definitely agree with the schooling fish :)

-Anthony

What bulbs and ballast are you using?

A combo of both... Outsides are lumatech's, left with 20k plus rite, right with radium. The center is a coralvue with 20k plus rite. I want to switch all to coralvue's like I had before with either reeflux's or radium's...

Wow, very very nice. What big colony do we see in the back left corner?

That's the Orange Setosa :)

-Anthony

The tank looks brighter with the lights lowered. Some upper level schooling fish would look good in there.

What are people's thoughts on good upper level schooling fish? Other than chromises and anthiases that need to be fed 4x a day.

What are people's thoughts on good upper level schooling fish? Other than chromises and anthiases that need to be fed 4x a day.

I am leaning towards both of those actually and just using the auto feeder I already have on the tank.

I love your tank it's absolutely gorgeous...

Where did you find the 11' piece of wood?

Thanks! I got it from a local sawmill.

-Anthony

I'd like to get a school of the Heniochus Duphrates.......but that can prove to be costly.

Looks good! You should try to move the Bubble Gum Monster and that candy cane. They are getting too much light.

Thanks! I would move the chalices, but they are covering a 12"+ base rock. I'm just going to let some of the surrounding SPS create overhead shade as they grow out, which several are already starting to do. Where they are being shaded by other SPS, the colors are just awesome!

Orange-lined cardinals are nice schooling fish. The thing with chromis is they seem to only school as juveniles, becoming territorial as they mature.

I'd like to get a school of the Heniochus Duphrates.......but that can prove to be costly.

They will probably nip at your corals and zoas are like candy to them.

Orange-lined cardinals are nice schooling fish. The thing with chromis is they seem to only school as juveniles, becoming territorial as they mature.

Definitely! I love orange-lined cardinals. Maybe some Barletts anthias too!

I thought that the Heniocus Acuminatus was the nipper and that the duphrates was reef safe.

I think you're right. That would look pretty cool with a school of them ;)