Spaghetti-looking something in my tank

Viktoriia

Hi, just found spaghetti-looking something in my saltwater tank. It was in the corner of the tank in the rock, light-grey colored. Im sure it was not there yesterday, I check my tank every day. Maybe it has something to do with the sea hare Im borrowing for a couple of days?

post-2633205-133574450322_thumb.jpg

Well, that's what I wrote - sea hare eggs. Did someone happen to hatch them? The sea hare is ok, eating as usual, though I can't say there's too much alga around. He is not touching some spots with alga though... I removed eggs right when I saw it, though I think tiny peace is still there super firmly attached to the rock.

Is there anyone who constantly keeps sea hare in the tank? Maybe I could get advise from them? Your help is much appreciated.

see what happens next time it secretes it. maybe something good will come out of it. ignore the temptation to just remove it from the tank because you are unsure of it's purpose.

see what happens next time it secretes it. maybe something good will come out of it. ignore the temptation to just remove it from the tank because you are unsure of it's purpose.

Yeas, I shouldn't have done it, now I'm blaming myself. I just got so scared that it did happen within 2-3 hours, and thought it could spread. Didn't expect the sea hare to act like that at all.

http://en.m.wikipedi...Redirected=true

Here you go. I missed where you wrote sea hare eggs. Still missing it.

It's interesting how the folks who write about food call it secretions and claim that the intestines have spilled out but when doing a search for sea hare eggs it's spot on what you've got. Who knew? Don't blame yourself. We are so prediposed to getting spooked by these creatures when they're in our tanks hearing all the stories of what if it gets upset and secretes, blah, blah, blah, that this is how most reefers react. Me included. Don't know that I would have chucked it, but it would have definately come out of my tank. Hey, this hobby wouldn't be fun if we knew it all....at least that's how I feel about it.

Edited by Jan