ATI T5 fixture

Alieu07

I am thinking to get a T5 fixture. Anyone experiences with ATI's fixture? And what the different between the sunpower and the Powermodule? The same 8 bulbs unit but $450 difference. Thanks in advance.

Andy,

The powermodule is a little more sturdy and has 1 fan per 2 bulbs. In terms of light output, there is about a 5% difference in the amount of light put out by a comparable powermodule versus a sunpower. If it were me, if the sunpower was available in the bulb configuration I was looking at, I'd buy it. I've owned both and only own my current powermodule because it's the largest fixture ATI sells (really wanted the 12 bulb sfilgoi but couldn't afford it :)

I have a ATI 80X8 sunpower and love it. As Roni said the powermodule has a few more fans and is more sturdy but don't let that scare you away from the sunpower because that is still a very sturdy fixture as well.

I am thinking to get a T5 fixture. Anyone experiences with ATI's fixture? And what the different between the sunpower and the Powermodule? The same 8 bulbs unit but $450 difference. Thanks in advance.

isnt Nam (learning) breaking down? I think he have an 8 bulbs ATI... might want to check with him.

I have powermodule.. and best investment i have ever made..

I was about to buy LED but stick with ATI.. and very happy.. my corals are doing really good!

Thank you guys.

Khalid can I drop by and check out the fixture? I work in Herndon.

Ha I will check with Nam.

I picked up a 6 bulb 54w fixture with led moonlights. It is the aquatinics solar flare. Can't wait to set it up....

It is powered by icecap ballasts which some people love and others hate. I really like the fixture, and am looking forward to not having any shimmer. You could always DIY with some of the new coralvue ballasts. Lots of people sell used reflectors for next to nothing. But, if you don't have a canopy that might not be the best idea.

The shimmer from my LED's drove me bonkers to stare at. Almost would make you dizzy imo.

Thank you guys.

Khalid can I drop by and check out the fixture? I work in Herndon.

Ha I will check with Nam.

That's not a problem. I'll be home Saturday if you want to swing by. Just PM me and let me know so we can set something up. :)