Dow flakes & Mag flakes

taiscici

I'm trying to make 2 part dosing but having trouble finding Dow flake and Mag flake locally. I have found alternative brand at Lowes and HD

Calcium

http://www.lowes.com/pd_151998-10611-50B-HEAT_0__?productId=3540820&Ntt=prestone&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl__0__s%3FNtt%3Dprestone&facetInfo=

Magnesium

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202571114/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=magnesium&storeId=10051

i guess this will work since it is 100% magnesium chloride hexahydrate

anyone use the above products before? or have any oppinion?

thanks

I settled for BRS 2 part, but I still want to try and get this directly from some source that sells food/pharm grade Cal, Alk and Mag powder. You wouldn't think it would be that hard to find, but it is. The main problem is in order to get this it would probably have to come in a super large order (like a pallet) and then would need to be broken down and stored somewhere. I just don't know if this could ever be done easily. I will continue to look and see if I can find anything.

I've used the Prestone Ca with no problems. It's pellet instead of flake so the weighting is a little different for the formulas.

I haven't used the SafeStep Mg but I saw it at Costco for $15/bag. At the time, no one had any experience with it so I didn't use it. Since then, I have seen a couple people post about using it.

I've used the Prestone Ca with no problems. It's pellet instead of flake so the weighting is a little different for the formulas.

I haven't used the SafeStep Mg but I saw it at Costco for $15/bag. At the time, no one had any experience with it so I didn't use it. Since then, I have seen a couple people post about using it.

That"s great. I will give Prestone Ca and Safestep a try this week.

Guest thefishman65

Southern States carries Mag flake or they did a few years back.