Romping Stomping Pets

roni

Wanted to drop a quick note about a new store that's opened in King George.

Stopped by today. They were formerly online only and called Saltwater Sanctuary.

Nice clean store with some healthy fish. They're still getting settled in but have some unique livestock, including a nice selection of the designer clowns that were really tempting. They also are planning on stocking Rogger's food, Mr. Aqua tanks, and a few other things that aren't easily found in stores.

I picked up this pair of Scott's Velvet wrasses, who are hanging out in the QT tank now.

fish-2.jpg

Edited by roni

No more that I saw but she's pretty good about ordering in stuff if you request it. I'm pretty stoked about the pair. I rarely see the females offered. I actually can't find any good pics to see what a female should look like so it may be an immature male...however, they were hanging out okay in the tank and are doing well in QT. I got them eating live brine and tasting pellets. Will try frozen mysis tomorrow.

Here's contact info for the store. The nicest fish they had was a pair of Proaquatix "blacker ice" clowns. I'm not generally in to designer clowns but if I had another anemone ready, they would have gone home with me :)

(540) 775-7745

13279 Kings Hwy Suite 1, King George, VA 22485

Very handsome male! Roni, you got great fish!

Btw, with all these nice LFS around, I feel that I really need to upgrade to a bigger tank.

Thanks guys. I was thrilled to find one that looked that nice. The best part is that the pair cost the same as the male alone online. Totally agree about the LFS's stepping up their game. Aquatic Obsession tempts me weekly, Fins and Feathers has been its normal awesome, and BRK looked great the last time I was in there. I'll get some pics of the female tonight if she'll come out more. Much more secretive.