Vinegar melts Aiptasia

surf&turf

So I was sitting at my desk today, not thinking about work, and wondered if anyone had ever tried injecting Vodka or Vinegar into Aiptasia.

I dose a small amount of vinegar in my system anyway, so I gave some easy to reach aiptasia a shot. So far it looks like its done the job. They look like small white blobs at the moment.

I use vinegar all the time for aptasia control. It works well for me and the vinegar perks up the corals too

Cool, seems to have worked well here too. I didn't realize people were already using it.

Ive used kalk paste and dabbed it on aptasia before with success. I would think Vinegar would work also if you are using a syringe to inject them. if you are just squirting them I doubt it will kill them off, but who knows?!

I injected one with vinegar and boiling water solution last night. It seems like vinegar melts them away. I scraped off the remaining with the needle of a syringe. Looks like it worked.

Ive used kalk paste and dabbed it on aptasia before with success. I would think Vinegar would work also if you are using a syringe to inject them. if you are just squirting them I doubt it will kill them off, but who knows?!

Yes I used a needle to inject them, some of the bigger one take 2 doses.

What is the benefit of dosing with vinegar? I've heard of dosing with vodka, hydrogen peroxide, but not vinegar. That's a new one.

What is the benefit of dosing with vinegar? I've heard of dosing with vodka, hydrogen peroxide, but not vinegar. That's a new one.

Works as a carbon source, same as Vodka just not as strong.

It's not the carbon that's killing the Aiptasia, it's that it's an acid. I've killed aiptasia, for example, by injecting them with lemon juice as well as vinegar. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries to get them completely, though. I've also used Aiptasia-X successfully and kalk paste.

It's not the carbon that's killing the Aiptasia, it's that it's an acid. I've killed aiptasia, for example, by injecting them with lemon juice as well as vinegar. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries to get them completely, though. I've also used Aiptasia-X successfully and kalk paste.

I was already dosing the vinegar to reduce No3/po4 and figurered I'd kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.

I was already dosing the vinegar to reduce No3/po4 and figured I'd kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.

There you go, then! A bonus!