All I Wanted...

RubberFrog

I started out wanting to build a smallish box to house my top off water and a few electrical items that didn't quite fit under the stand with the sump.

tank2-22-12.jpg

Then I made the age old mistake that gets me every time- I asked my wife's opinion. I know, what was I thinking?! Next thing I know I am building a full blown cabinet with room for the topoff tank (10 gallon rubbermaid can), room for all of my electrical, every fish accessory (i.e. test kits, scrapers, nets, etc), plus books and anything else that even looks remotely related to the tank! At least now I can move my quarantine tank out of the basement and keep upstairs now.

cabinet1.jpg

Notice that while I am hard at work, my wife is perusing WAMAS!

Haha! I love it!

And very nice work, by the way!!

Thanks for the compliments. The cabinet is made from birch and maple. The hinged lid on the left is where my topoff water will sit. I didn't want to drag it in and out of the cabinet to fill it once a week. I plan to add a shelf to the center and right bays, as well as doors on all three. I should have the doors finished tomorrow and then I plan to put on the finish over the weekend.

Agreed. Great woodwork, and a wife on WAMAS, that is definitely a bonus!

When I start talking about my tank, you can see the glazed look come over my girlfriend's eyes almost instantly as she really tries to listen/care/pay attention. lol

Edited by Ryan S

I think your wife must be brilliant as your a magnificent woodworker.

My wife is smokin hot, so I do whatever it takes to keep her happy. :wub:

Agreed. Great woodwork, and a wife on WAMAS, that is definitely a bonus!

When I start talking about my tank, you can see the glazed look come over my girlfriend's eyes almost instantly as she really tries to listen/care/pay attention. lol

My wife glazes over a bit when I get too lecturey. The trick is to let them pick the corals. lol