Miracle Food

RubberFrog

I got a heniochus D last week who refused to eat until last night when I tried some of Jan's food. The tank went crazy for it. My fish ate it like a stoner with a bag of cheetos.

I got a heniochus D last week who refused to eat until last night when I tried some of Jan's food. The tank went crazy for it. My fish ate it like a stoner with a bag of cheetos.

now that funnnnnyyyyy right there

This is hilarious!!! "Memories"...great Streisand song, isn't it? LOL!!! Thank you.

I just fed them again with the same results. The tank was in a feeding frenzy- fish darting everywhere, swimming backwards, upside down, whatever it took to get a piece of this stuff! They almost looked disappointed when they realized they had chased down the last microparticle and there was nothing left.

It's funny. Mine do the same thing. They're like dogs. Whenever I walk by they follow me. They all eat out of my hand and some get so excited they splash.

I just fed them again with the same results. The tank was in a feeding frenzy- fish darting everywhere, swimming backwards, upside down, whatever it took to get a piece of this stuff! They almost looked disappointed when they realized they had chased down the last microparticle and there was nothing left.

Next time you make this stuff I'm going to buy a 5 gallon bucket full. :)

What a waste of time that would be for them, but if it happens they are more than welcomed to come to my home and check it all out. I'll even give them free samples the fishfood for their lab. Who knows, WAMAS may get a couple of new members by the time they finish with me.

Jan, next time you hear knocking at your door it might be the Fairfax Police vice unit after all of these speculations.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.c...ps?ll=34.067358,-117.606909

No, not a little, A LOT of crack, fish crack; fresh squid, oysters, shrimp, cyclopeeze, clams, scallops, nori and other types of fish crack. LOL!!!

A little bit of crack, I think.

It's funny. Mine do the same thing. They're like dogs. Whenever I walk by they follow me. They all eat out of my hand and some get so excited they splash.

I can definitely attest to this .. When I visited Jan on Wednesday, she fed the tank for me and most of the fish were at the surface, waiting, before she started to feed. Once that frozen chunk hit the water and she started swishing it around, the fish were going crazy looking for food. Very impressive display - and a great food recipe.

Awww I want me some of Jan's food now! Is it ok for human consumption??? LOL (Can you tell I haven't had breakfast yet? Crazy day at work)

Im looking into making my recipe better and making a lot more

I want the bags a little fuller and the food more viscous. Bear with me. Keep the comments coming.

Next batch to include Farm raised fish.

Awww I want me some of Jan's food now! Is it ok for human consumption??? LOL (Can you tell I haven't had breakfast yet? Crazy day at work)

My husband claims he ate it the entire time I was away on a business trip (See above post by Rubberfrog).

I'd be wary of the farm raised fish, just based on the fact that they are raised using fish food developed to beef them up quickly. That won't make them unhealthy for human consumption, but it seems like that would be using subpar food to feed your own fish if the food they're eating is based on growth formulas and not what is the best diet for them. Plus, I think you're probably introducing a lot of chemicals based on where they are "raised" and the introduced chemicals to keep them healthy, not including dyes and other colors to make it look more "appealing" when it's at market. In my completely uneducated opinion, I think you'd be better off using wild caught fish. Plus, from what I understand, things like Omega 3 fatty acids are less abundant in farm raised fish.

Haven't done any research on this. I just thought it may be better so I thank you for letting me know. Makes sense.

[ quote name=davelin315' date='03 February 2012 - 08:59 PM' timestamp='1328320770' post='402105]

I'd be wary of the farm raised fish, just based on the fact that they are raised using fish food developed to beef them up quickly. That won't make them unhealthy for human consumption, but it seems like that would be using subpar food to feed your own fish if the food they're eating is based on growth formulas and not what is the best diet for them. Plus, I think you're probably introducing a lot of chemicals based on where they are "raised" and the introduced chemicals to keep them healthy, not including dyes and other colors to make it look more "appealing" when it's at market. In my completely uneducated opinion, I think you'd be better off using wild caught fish. Plus, from what I understand, things like Omega 3 fatty acids are less abundant in farm raised fish.