reef tank word association

treesprite

When giving you response word, explain how it is associated with the previous person's word.

I'll start with:

Emerald Crab

Hair Algae - emerald crab eats it

Purple hornets- the only source of H/A in my tank I've ever had, $50 for purple hornets at a meeting, worse case of "bad algae" I've had in 5 years

Starbucks - naming a coral a fancy name is like getting a coffee at Starbucks, it's the same thing, they just call it something funky! Oh, and going there is as expensive as owning a reef tank.

Nausithoe.

Another hitchhiker "polyp". I am lucky to not have aiptasia or hydroids, but I do have a patch of these harmless things on a rock; for a while I thought were hydroids so I researched them. They are the juvenile form of jellyfish - it's unusual for them to develop into adults in an aquarium, so they pose no threat and are pretty under actinics. They can live in this stage indefinitely, as proven by the fact that they have been on this rock for the entire 13-15 years I've had it.

LOL, but that is a definition of the word already given

[sorry. I am a known rule breaker. Someone else please take Nausithoe (pronounced "Now-sit-ho" and run with it. :rolleyes: ]

Edited by Steve175