Davy Jones saved me

steveoutlaw

I just want to thank you guys for an awesome product. I have a very oversized skimmer on my cube currently. I decided to try a new frozen food and after the fishies ate, I powered on my return pump and skimmer......and walked away not thinking anything of it. When I came back 10 minutes later the locker was full, the skimmer was off and NOT A DROP ON THE FLOOR!!

My sump holds 20 gallons so you saved me a big headache. Great product!!

This went completely over my head. What product?

I just want to thank you guys for an awesome product. I have a very oversized skimmer on my cube currently. I decided to try a new frozen food and after the fishies ate, I powered on my return pump and skimmer......and walked away not thinking anything of it. When I came back 10 minutes later the locker was full, the skimmer was off and NOT A DROP ON THE FLOOR!!

My sump holds 20 gallons so you saved me a big headache. Great product!!

Thanks Dave. The Davy Jones Skimmate Locker......it probably saved my marraige too. Nothing like fish poop all over the floor right before company comes at Christmas to set the wife off!!

• 1 month later...

Steve, do you have your locker attached to an Apex? I am trying to find the language I am supposed to plug into the Apex with the locker (so it will turn off the skimmer when full and send me an email alert letting me know that happened).

• 2 weeks later...

Steve, do you have your locker attached to an Apex? I am trying to find the language I am supposed to plug into the Apex with the locker (so it will turn off the skimmer when full and send me an email alert letting me know that happened).

I don't have it connected to a controller. My skimmer is external so I have the skimmer pump plugged into it, not the feed pump. When it gets full it just turns off the skimmer pump, but the feed pump keeps pushing water through it.