HELP WITH IDENTIFYING THIS gold rim hybrid

tuan huynh

HEY !!guys i have a big question i bought this gold rim that said that its "powder brown and Goldrim hybrid" but don't know if it is please help what you guys think does it look hybrid with powder brown ?

post-2631711-132399099594_thumb.jpg

Nah, you got taken, buddy. I'll take it off your hands though :tongue: . Yes, it looks like a gold rim hybrid tang. Pretty. Now put it back in the water so it can breath.

HEY !!guys i have a big question i bought this gold rim that said that its "powder brown and Goldrim hybrid" but don't know if it is please help what you guys think does it look hybrid with powder brown ?

I'm leaning to NOT a hybrid. The hybrids I have seen have more gold/orange in the tail like A. achilles. Many also have both the white under the eyes from the A. nigricans and they have the white on the gill flap like an A. achilles. But the main thing missing in yours is the achilles gold tail. To me it looks like a standard A. nigricans.

I would also wonder if it is a "rare" hybrid what are the odds that someones had three of them?

The only thing is questionable is the tail its not like an achilles hybrid but the thing is the fins looks just like a hybrid powder brown that's is what im question about i got it off of a guy in ebay said its an powderbrown hybrid when i look at it first its doesn't look like a reg white cheek cause i do have a big white cheek this guys had a lil bit of a powder brown fin so i was just wonder if its really is a hybrid or i just got *taken* hahahah...

Edited by Chad
language

I'm no prude, but this is a little too discriptive for the general audience. <BR>

i just got *taken* hahahah...
Edited by Chad
quoted an edited post

Are any hybrids "exactly" identical? The color pattern may just be different.

Regardless its still a beautiful fish! ;)

Edited by onux20

Im cheap.. for something to be more than $200 each I better LOVE it for what it is,, not what its supposed to be, lol

RARE or not, if you love and and were willing to pay that amount then you got what you wanted..

if you only wanted it because it was rare then.. umm.. i dunno what to say

I'm leaning to NOT a hybrid. The hybrids I have seen have more gold/orange in the tail like A. achilles. Many also have both the white under the eyes from the A. nigricans and they have the white on the gill flap like an A. achilles. But the main thing missing in yours is the achilles gold tail. To me it looks like a standard A. nigricans.

I would also wonder if it is a "rare" hybrid what are the odds that someones had three of them?

The term 'hybrid' gets thrown around too often. This is simply a color morph of one species, not a hybridization. The fact that there are 3 of these fish almost dictates that it is a just another color morph.

Whether they are worth the additional money over a standard issue- that's up to the individual who bought them or is trying to sell one.