Calling all zoanthid keepers

Jan

I feed mine a mix of phyto and cyclopeeze. I occasionally target feed them with a small baster. Since I run intense lighting, I keep the smaller zoas in darker areas and the bigger zoas in bright areas.

Years ago I just put them in my tank. On the rocks and the substrate. Never feed them. See my signature for my lighting. Now, they are everywhere and taking over. One of those regrettable decisions of putting them in the tank.

From what I have observed each zoa has a slightly different requirement. I think you would be safe with medium flow and medium lighting. I have notices that my pink and orange zoos like higher lights than my green ones.

Sometimes they grow crazy and sometimes they wither away... I can't figure it out because they are all so different. I wish there was a guide somewhere to specificy them all.

This has been my experience as well. That's why I put this query out. I have several in my pico now. Newly aquaried. I would like to see them thrive, for a change.

Sometimes they grow crazy and sometimes they wither away... I can't figure it out because they are all so different. I wish there was a guide somewhere to specificy them all.

leave them alone on the sand bed. will spread on their own. Some will spread better with something to grow on. So put rubble or flat rocks under them. Some spread better on sandbeds. no need to spot feed them at all.