DC8 Issue... Again.

trockafella

So i hooked my ACjr up and plugged in the DC8, probes etc. All probes are working just fine, the ACjr screen is working just fine. But I am getting no power out of the plugs on the DC8. The green light is on, the cables are connected, but nothing. Anyone have suggestions.

I plugged my refuge light into it and the light flashed and went off. I dont hear anything at all when trying to manually turn it on or off.. I will try again, and try to listen more when I get home. I will also check the switch again as well..

Travis, I think it's outlets 4 & 8 that have relays. The others use triacs and, being solid state devices, don't make a noise.

Travis, I think it's outlets 4 & 8 that have relays. The others use triacs and, being solid state devices, don't make a noise.

I believe you are right. I was mainly trying #1, I also tried my heater on #8 where it has always been. I will be honset, this isnt the first issue ive had with DC8's, I had to replace it last time. I have about had it with Neptunes, problem is, there isnt much better out there. Not a big fan of ReefKeepers... Oh well, hopefully I can get it figured out.

Mine went on the fritz a few months ago, with some things not turning on when they were supposed to. Turns out it was the data connection from the unit to the DC8 (telephone jack-looking port). After troubleshooting with customer service, determined that there was a bunch of dust in there and it wasn't communicating properly. I shop vac'ed the whole thing, wiped it down, used a compressed air duster, etc. and it worked fine after that.

Mine went on the fritz a few months ago, with some things not turning on when they were supposed to. Turns out it was the data connection from the unit to the DC8 (telephone jack-looking port). After troubleshooting with customer service, determined that there was a bunch of dust in there and it wasn't communicating properly. I shop vac'ed the whole thing, wiped it down, used a compressed air duster, etc. and it worked fine after that.

Thanks, I will add that to the list of things im gonna try tonight. It worked fine before I took it all down, and it didnt sit for to long.. Hmm..