Running out of room- time to upgrade

zygote2k

What trend am I setting other than the fact that I still don't need a skimmer?

Your not old school anymore. Fancy shallow square tank, fancy LED lighting, Barebottom tank, c'mon Rob its Trendy.!! Its ok, just except that you now live in the 21st Century.. You even sent me a text message... Im proud of you..

I like it a lot, its come a long way since the swap meet 40g. (I did like the 40 though)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some various pics of corals under royal blue lighting. rockwork only temporary, koralias being replaced by vortechs, heater going to sump. possible addition of sand on bottom. so many options, so little time.gallery_2631654_582_1374290.jpggallery_2631654_582_924935.jpggallery_2631654_582_36225.jpggallery_2631654_582_553712.jpggallery_2631654_582_490573.jpggallery_2631654_582_614834.jpg

finishing touches-

glued down all small frags to tile and covered most of the bottom with beach gravel that I collected from Big Sur.

got the fuge lights installed and all wandering anemones banished to the sump/fuge area.

last little plumbing leak fixed and going on vacation for a week.

Hope it looks the same when I get back...gallery_2631654_582_539644.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thats going to look awesome once it grows out. I can picture some SPS colonies growing in/up and the tank looking amazing. What are your plans for corals?

I'm leaning towards an all LPS and Clam tank.

• 3 weeks later...

Jan- that coral is real Frogspawn. Many of the other "Frogspawn" corals out there are probably some variant of Torch. Frogspawn has tentacles with little knobs. Torch has smooth tentacles. I know some of the other Euphylliads have tentacles that look like both.

Oh. This was the one I saw in person. It looks different in the picture. Very nice.

Jan- that coral is real Frogspawn. Many of the other "Frogspawn" corals out there are probably some variant of Torch. Frogspawn has tentacles with little knobs. Torch has smooth tentacles. I know some of the other Euphylliads have tentacles that look like both.

K. Hold it for me. I'll aim for later in the day...after 3. Is that alright?

If you'd like a free piece, come over and get it. The person I got it from gave it to me, so I have to pay it forward.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...