Dr. Mac's Pacific East Aquaculture

John

Ordered some Ultra Clams and Inverts from Dr. Mac's this week...Clams were quadruple bagged and inverts were triple bagged! Water temp was ~74 degrees...Left Southern MD at 4PM, picked up next day @ 8AM...sure beats 3+ hour drive each way. Their zone 1 shipping is definitely more economical than driving the distance anyway! I recommend!

Edited by John

+1 Great Stuff. You do have to go to store at some point though, its a must see. It's a great set-up with tons and tons of things to see, it has the be the best LFS I have ever been to.

The only thing that could be better if they were open late on Sunday evenings when traveling home from the beach. I have yet to devise a plan to pick up stuff on the way to the beach, keep them alive all weekend, and then make the trip home.

I spoke to Dr. Mac last fall when I was going down for bike week, he told me I could purchase corals on Friday or Saturday and pick them up on Sunday when he was at the shop taking care of things. Guess you'd just have to see what time he will be there, if I remember correctly it was in the afternoon sometime.

I was at the beach last weekend and wanted to stop by on Sunday but they weren't going to be in until after 4:00 and I didn't want to push my luck with the traffic. I'll get in there to check it out someday. I'd think it would make more sense to be open on Sundays and closed one day during the week in he summertime, but what do I know? There may not be enough walk-in business to make it worth it. Or it could be a religious thing like Chick-Fil-A. At any rate it looks like a really cool place!

• 2 months later...

For my up coming 30th birthday my wife drove me over to Pacific East Aquaculture to pick out some corals for our 90G. I have to agree with everyone that says it is worth the trip. It was seriously coral overload there, just the sheer amount was impressive and how clean everything was too. Dr. Mac runs a fantastic store and if you can make a trip over I cannot recommend you do so enough.