Bonded Movers for Large Aquariums?

Steve175

I have 2 custom ELOS 250G bowfront tanks sitting in my garage that I need to get safely into my livingroom. These things are only 50" x 36" x 32", but are built like tanks: 900# crated with 750# of that each tank. Anyone have a lead for a reliable company in the area that can move these bad boys reliably and safely? TIA.

If you're looking for serious professional movers, I have a contact. They are insured and can move anything. I'm don't know tue cost but it will definitely be more than pizza, beer and frags. :tongue:

If that's what you want, lmk.

I have 2 custom ELOS 250G bowfront tanks sitting in my garage that I need to get safely into my livingroom. These things are only 50" x 36" x 32", but are built like tanks: 900# crated with 750# of that each tank. Anyone have a lead for a reliable company in the area that can move these bad boys reliably and safely? TIA.

Steve, I am not sure where you are located, but I am in a very similar situation. I have a custom 180 that is about 3 miles down the road that weighs 900# uncrated! its 3/4" glass with no bracing so its a beast. If you are near us maybe we can get a package deal from a mover? we are off evergreen mills in leesburg. We only need a mover for about 30 minutes and with 2 tanks to move you are probably similar in timing. LMK as I am under the gun and have to get it moved in the next few weeks as the person I am buying it from is moving to seattle.sad.gif

(edited)

If you're looking for serious professional movers, I have a contact. They are insured and can move anything. I'm don't know tue cost but it will definitely be more than pizza, beer and frags. :tongue:

I already knew that this is both out of pizza/beer/frag and my buddies' league. Interested in both above and PMs sent. Anyone else with advice/leads? By the way, I live in West Friendship, MD (near Columbia)

Edited by Steve175

Steve,

Thank you for having us move your ELOS tanks in. They are truely beautiful!

I did take some pictures of the move and of the tanks if anyone wants to see them.

Jeff and his team did a great job!!! I was at no point worried about my new babies. not only do I highly recommend him for tank moving, but my custom made 260g sump, 220g refugium, and 2 separate 60g surge tanks were made flawlessly by him as well. Build thread to follow shortly ( with 9 months of pictures stored).